No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, under $2.00 here in Ky now too.......
    Yeah, wait till right before Thanksgiving weekend, it'll go right back up again, so they can "make their money"!!!
    Lots of price gouging going on and way too much "profit" for these oil companies......
    Doesn't look like "uncle Sam" is going to do anything about anything..... except bail the banks out at our expense..........
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

How can gas be 4.69 two months ago and now two months later just before elections it drops to 2.29 a gallon?...almost what it was just before bushpugface took office. How can it be?
      Why it's all those Evil Speculators doing this bandit. Remember when everyone blamed them for the rising prices a few months ago? How come nobody is on here ranting about them dropping prices by more than 50%? Of course supply and demand would have nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I'm filling up tommorrow no matter who wins. Get ready for the Israeli/US attacks on Iran now that the election's over.

$2.19 at Costco, and $2.29 ARCO cash are lowest for Portland area today.
      “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

The primary reason gas prices dropped so much and will continue to level off is because of the global economic recession. The value of gas in the stock market tanked causing the ballooned prices to tank. It's a damn shame that our leadership just sat back and played pocket pool for the past four years while the everyone was getting fleeced and quickly going into debt. The fundamental mindset and practices of businesses/corporations under the Republican adminstration simply screwed up the economy beyond recognition.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

It is because people like us keep boycotting the fueling stations using other transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
            Why it's all those Evil Speculators doing this bandit. Remember when everyone blamed them for the rising prices a few months ago? How come nobody is on here ranting about them dropping prices by more than 50%? Of course supply and demand would have nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I'm filling up tommorrow no matter who wins. Get ready for the Israeli/US attacks on Iran now that the election's over.

$2.19 at Costco, and $2.29 ARCO cash are lowest for Portland area today.
            Agreed on the economics lesson. Only thing is, they can jack it up & stick it to us just as fast as they drop it and that is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
              Yeah, wait till right before Thanksgiving weekend, it'll go right back up again, so they can "make their money"!!!
              Lots of price gouging going on and way too much "profit" for these oil companies......
              Doesn't look like "uncle Sam" is going to do anything about anything..... except bail the banks out at our expense..........

Well, I boycotted the pumps for the last 5 months and i know a lot of other people have as well. I refused to pay 5 bucks for a gallon of gas. So we do have ways, or some of us can have an impact to get it back to where it should be. It is a scam and anyone who knows anyone who sells gasonline knows this much.
              Just think, instead of Sam only giving to the rich, he could have given every working american at least $100,000.

Comment

$2.19 in southern MA now!

Comment

$2.25 Florida yesterday
                  Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                  341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                  Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                  Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                    Well, I boycotted the pumps for the last 5 months and i know a lot of other people have as well. I refused to pay 5 bucks for a gallon of gas. So we do have ways, or some of us can have an impact to get it back to where it should be. It is a scam and anyone who knows anyone who sells gasonline knows this much.
                    Just think, instead of Sam only giving to the rich, he could have given every working american at least $100,000.
                    I have a SUV and a Mini Van. The closest store to me is 10 miles away. My work is 30 miles one way. I found out that a transit bus runs by my house which is way out in the country. From almost $120.00 of gas a week to $18.00 a week for a bus that picks me up at my house and drops me off at work( on time)..

I lose two hours a day to riding the bus ( 1 morning, 1 afternoon)

Gas is currently $2.17 in Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                      I have a SUV and a Mini Van. The closest store to me is 10 miles away. My work is 30 miles one way. I found out that a transit bus runs by my house which is way out in the country. From almost $120.00 of gas a week to $18.00 a week for a bus that picks me up at my house and drops me off at work( on time)..

I lose two hours a day to riding the bus ( 1 morning, 1 afternoon)

Gas is currently $2.17 in Michigan
                      I feel like I have become spoiled riding the bus and making my commute much easier so i dont have to deal with the traffic.
                      I dropped mine from about 150 a month to 45 a month.

I will probably go back to driving through the winter, even though I hardly ever have to wait more than 5 minutes for a transfer & I dont walk very far at all, I think the bad weather will make commuting very hard when the roads get snowy & temps drop. I am not sure how this is going to plan out yet, but will be taking the bus again next spring summer & fall for the simple reason I like someone driving me to work every day & I dont have to fight traffic.

I know not everyone is better off by alternate commute and not everyone is able to ride share -but for those who can, will find out how to use the time during the trip to accomplish things, even if just reading the newspaper.

These buses here have televisions on them so it is a good time to collect the news and get information. I also used the time to phone friends & family without being distracted by my own driving.

I have met nurses, school teachers, mechanics, accountants, newspaper writers...all kinds of neat people.

Comment

People didn't boycott anything...they just were able to afford gas prices anymore. I suppose you can call in involultary boycotting. lol
                        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I read reports that stocks and gas prices continued to drop again because Obama will be the next President. Let's hope prices continue to drop and all the fleecers loose thier shirts. Once gas and real estate prices experience a significant level-off this will aide toward the economy's improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
                            I can't look at it like that. People that work for oil companies are facing MASSIVE lay-offs due to the dropping cost of oil. It's insane. I just got laid off because we lost a huge project due to this decrease in demand. These lowering gas prices are just one more example of our flailing economy.

NIDII
                            Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
                            Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
                            60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Regular is 2.65$ - 2.85$ here.

Comment

I paid $1.96 a gallon yesterday. Half the price to fill the tank than it was this past summer. It was over $4.00 a gallon then.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X