No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make your voices heard at the next elections. I predict more voters than ever will turn out. This country is going to hell. There is no oil shortage per se, oil companies making huge profits and politicians in bed with them. Can you tell I am getting mad!

Comment

70 miles roundtrip when I take the bus, 105 if I don't -- this is just getting too ridiculous. We had a bus strike two weeks ago and between the excess gas and the inflated parking prices, it cost an additional $65 that week to go to work.

(And as an added tidbit, the news reported this morning that the city made an extra $34,000 in parking tickets that week since it was cheaper for people to get a ticket than to pay for parking.)
      *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

A reason for our increased gas prices

That, and greed by the oil companies.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember the 70's and early 80's oil cruch. Stagflation is what it will soon be called. Inflation, but no growth in the economy, no jobs in the economy, but everything going higher and higher. Hang on to your asses.
          Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
          Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
          Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I'm that old, too, and remember well.
            Filed: 2/24/2006
            341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
            Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

well...

...that bike trek to work on LBK is looking better & better...I'm going to either Walmart but first checking here for a used bike...It will save me $15/week(just work & back cost so that's $30/a paycheck...will pay for bike in 3/4 weeks & then....well this is a public site so...I can eat better! Or get some new underware...he he he...
              Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
              Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER
                ...that bike trek to work on LBK is looking better & better...I'm going to either Walmart but first checking here for a used bike...It will save me $15/week(just work & back cost so that's $30/a paycheck...will pay for bike in 3/4 weeks & then....well this is a public site so...I can eat better! Or get some new underware...he he he...

And lose that 15lbs!
                Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Credit Card companies are truly enjoying themselves right now...
                  The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Will be interesting to see what (if any) effects gas prices will have on the economy. With crude hitting a new high today, I am sure gas will go up over the weekend.

Comment

Iran is very happy with increasing crude oil prices

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12417998/

I hope they blow themselves up with happiness.....

BTW- I don't buy that crap about the "nuclear threat" from Iran.

It's simply called GREED.
                        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Hubby suggested at lunch today a rather nice idea.

Invoke a world wide tax on crude oil. The US would charge anyone importing crude into the US a 10 gallon crude surcharge. For every one gallon they sell us, they have to give us 10 for free.

We have the refining capacity so gasoline production wouldn't be a problem and prices would go down at the pump nationwide.
                          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                          Discharged - 12/2006
                          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted
                            I hope they blow themselves up with happiness.....

BTW- I don't buy that crap about the "nuclear threat" from Iran.

It's simply called GREED.

I enjoyed reading all the giberish about the price of fuel. The Iranian President made a very accurate statement yesterday. The price of a barrel of oil is not the reason you are paying so much for gas. Everything else in the world has had inflation applied to it. Why not oil? The price of oil is only a small part of the product. Can someone tell me why the price of gas is so high? anyone Bueller????? Quit complaining about the base material price, your barking at the wrong tree?

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12417998/
                              There just barely getting the inflation price adjusted from 1970's
                              Happy,.................maybe content, but not rich, what do you think it costs to get that material out of the ground?? any guess?

Comment

My Brother-in-Law sells oil and gas well shares for a living. It's a risky business for investors, but pays off big time if they hit.

There's specialized geologists that survey the area. Sampling that gets done in advance of setting a field for drilling. Then, of course, they have to set the rigs and drill. That stuff's expensive.

I don't even have a clue as to how many shares are in each well, but I know, depending on the location and what they expect to find determines the price/share. Years ago, he quoted us a quarter share in one well at $40K. Another field was all natural gas. That one was cheaper. $20K for a quarter share.
                                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                                Discharged - 12/2006
                                Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X