Lottery Winner Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lottery Winner Auction

It simply amazes me when this happens. Lottery winner blows all their money and then has to auction everything off to pay their bills.

I got in debt trying to make money. This person had it all given to them and threw it all away.

I did the same thing trying to make money. I am in Calif and we here stories like this all the time. People win millions and blow it all, they just don't think it thru a lot of the time, sure they can afford the million dollar house but they forget about the electric and gas and upkeep. These places require tons of upkeep and it isn't cheap. I knew a guy who bought a Ferrari and he could afford the car but when it was time to have it serviced he barely could pay the dealer...
    "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
    Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
    341 Hearing March 4th 2010
    Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

If I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy a mansion. I would pay off my current house, help family and friends and travel.
      "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
      (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by deadbroke99 View Post
        If I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy a mansion. I would pay off my current house, help family and friends and travel.
        Exactly. Live in a modest house and live only on the interest earned in FDIC insured accounts.

I saw the above story on TV. It just wasn't that they bought a big house but all the stuff they bought. They literally must have shopped 7 days a week or something. Here is a PDF listing some of the stuff. What is funny is this is only some of the stuff.

File may take a while to download

Comment

Originally posted by Willy13 View Post
          Exactly. Live in a modest house and live only on the interest earned in FDIC insured accounts.

I saw the above story on TV. It just wasn't that they bought a big house but all the stuff they bought. They literally must have shopped 7 days a week or something. Here is a PDF listing some of the stuff. What is funny is this is only some of the stuff.

File may take a while to download

http://wthr.images.worldnow.com/imag...licauction.pdf
          Wow, most of the "stuff" is awfully gawdy!!
          BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Yuck - that's some of the UGLIEST furniture I have ever seen.
            Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
            341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
            Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Welcome to the sale of the decor of the former tackiest house in the United States!
              Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

It's of no surprise that most lottery winners end up broke within 5 years. The only ones that don't go broke, have carefully planned everything and have appropriate advisors.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X