top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't win~just filed and got another debt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, you people seem sure of this so that's what I will do.
    It's frustrating that this happens on a weekend and my attorney and such are not available of course to ask.
    It's still frustrating to have to pay $26 to get rid of a $250 that is not right and that I don't owe!

And I certainly hope I don't get anything else out there!

Comment

Just my opinion, but they probably wont do anything if you leave them and you're going to use a dish or a different cable company (if possible).
      http://www.debt-consolidation-credit...play.php?f=177

Comment

I might just file the amendment myself. It might cost a lot more than $26 to have you lawyer do it.

But, it wouldn't hurt to ask your lawyer first.

Comment

OK, I called CableOne's offices this AM locally.
          They informed me that when I disconnected I was under contract.
          I said "really, I called your offices and ask about that when I was getting ready to disconnect and you told me I wasn't. I want to see something with my signature on it showing I am under contract and I will be in your offices in 20 minutes."
          I went there and guess what, they had no documents and they now mysteriously show my account balance as "0" but they could not give me a copy of it "as it does not show on their ledger yet.".
          More BS from them.
          They told me they would mail me a dated copy showing a $0 balance by the end of the week.
          I told them I would suggest they do that as they don't want me back in their offices again.
          I hate to say it, but I think this was nothing but an attempt at fraud on their part to get $250 out of me some 90 days after I disconnected my service.
          Crooks!!

Comment

Very nicely handled Ken. Interesting how they back down when you want evidence and show up at their doorstep.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes the one thing left undone is the statement showing a date after today's that reflects a $0 balance due.
              They said they could not print it today but will mail it to me.
              If you think I trust them at this point you are dreaming.
              They really don't want me back in their offices.

Comment

Good job Ken !

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                  I hate to say it, but I think this was nothing but an attempt at fraud on their part to get $250 out of me some 90 days after I disconnected my service.
                  Crooks!!
                  Exactly. I had a little time under my belt with experience such as yours. But you did the best thing that could have been done. Good job
                  http://www.debt-consolidation-credit...play.php?f=177

Comment

It is rather a good feeling when the little guy wins one against these corporate clowns today.
                    My Father told me in the 1950s that they would ruin America.
                    I think we are there!

Comment

I would follow this up with a certified letter and demand a written response. You never know when these people will surface again.
                      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

No, if you read my previous posts I gave them until the end of the week to produce their document dated today or after showing my account now has a $0 Balance.
                        Failing to do that, I will be in the office again, when they open on Monday morning next week and the manager knows I will be there.
                        I think that covers the bases.

Comment

No, if you read my previous posts I gave them until the end of the week to produce their document dated today or after showing my account now has a $0 Balance.
                          Failing to do that, I will be in the office again, when they open on Monday morning next week and the manager knows I will be there.
                          I think that covers the bases.

I NOW believe you will follow up. Let us know what happens.
                          Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Well today I got a letter from a collection agency telling me that they wanted the $250 on behalf of CableOne
                            I got another from that same agency stating that CableOne had called that action off and to disregard their previous letter.
                            I also got a copy of the ledger on my account dated yesterday and showing a $250 credit to my account the day I went into the local office demanding to see my contract they said I signed.
                            This of course left me with a $0 Balance due on my account.
                            I think I can assume I won this round. It's about time I win something!

Comment

Woo Hoo!

It's the small victories in life that make it worthwhile.

Great job standing up for yourself. Persistance is definitely a great quality to have.

DD

Comment

Well today I got a letter from a collection agency telling me that they wanted the $250 on behalf of CableOne
                                I got another from that same agency stating that CableOne had called that action off and to disregard their previous letter.
                                I also got a copy of the ledger on my account dated yesterday and showing a $250 credit to my account the day I went into the local office demanding to see my contract they said I signed.
                                This of course left me with a $0 Balance due on my account.
                                I think I can assume I won this round. It's about time I win something!
                                Not bad at all Ken! Hopefully, the CA didn't hit your credit, but now you have all the evidence you need anyhow.

Have a nice weekend... fishing.
                                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X