top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is President Obama Fixing the Economy?? Yes, Maybe, No - weigh in here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Willy13
    replied
    Originally posted by JRScott View Post
    The nation survived and prospered for over 140 years without any of those so called social programs.
    .
    Sure we prospered but so did Rome in it's most barbaric times. People also lived very hard lives and many did not live long back then. That's good for natural selection and weeding out the week but that would be very messy in our country today. 140 years ago we were also a nation of virtually unlimited resources. Today those resources have gone down while competition for those resources has gone up significantly. In order to live like we did 140 years ago, you would have to be willing accept a lot of the death, suffering and poverty that would undoubtedly come with that today.

    One thing that really does piss me off about our society is that if I really wanted to live completely off the grid and be 100% self sustaining, our society would not let me. Ordinances, Taxes, Zoning, HOA's, Permits etc always guarantee someone has a stake and their nose in your business.

    It would be nice if we could live without socialist programs but it's just not realistic in this day and age.

    Leave a comment:


  • JRScott
    replied
    Originally posted by blankslate View Post
    Anyone who is in a moral and righteous position to pass judgment on others, wouldn't.

    Those "social" programs you would like to have eliminated take care of the elderly who have paid their taxes and kept this country running for their whole lives. For men and women of our military who sacrificed life and limb believing that they were protecting our country. If you want zero social programs, then you don't want to live in America, you want to live in a third world country.

    God Bless OUR America.
    The nation survived and prospered for over 140 years without any of those so called social programs.

    The only benefits it paid during that time was to veterans and that was generally a very small stipend. For example after the civil war for many decades Veterans who had fought under Gen. William T. Sherman returned to the generals home and asked for help from time to time as their stipends were often not enough, he never turned one away empty handed.

    Even the veterans though often were taken in by other relatives when they became older and feeble. That's where America has lost its way. We have destroyed the family and that is the root of 90% of our problems. To many have wanted to shift their own responsiblity to take care of ailing parents and grandparents to the government and put them into homes where they seldom visit. Same with children really, in the old days if you had more children than you could take care of then some would go to live with a sibling, your parents, aunts or uncles.

    Leave a comment:


  • JRScott
    replied
    Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    What you are describing is a return to Constitutionalism and Federalism. Both completely antithetical to everything liberalism stands for today.

    The Constitution is NOT a living breathing document.
    We'd be better off, and if the constitution isn't a living breathing document then we really have no rule of law.....

    Leave a comment:


  • JRScott
    replied
    Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    O'bama has indicated he intends to extend both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars for several years and keep a presence there ad infinitum. Had McCain become president and made the same exact decisions the left would be protesting all over this great nation. Senator O'bama would be expressing grave concern over this decision. Cindy Sheehan would be camped out at one of McCain's houses in a tent.

    This highlights the difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives have a core set of beliefs that don't change. Liberals are like Silly Putty and can mold their beliefs to fit today's agenda.
    In Cindy Sheehan's defense she has led rallies calling Obama a warmonger in the last week or so. She at least is consistent.

    Leave a comment:


  • OhioFiler
    replied
    Originally posted by mymom
    Me to, I vote libertarian every chance I can get.

    Libertarians would cut the the social programs by 99% including HUD, welfare, and BK.

    Time for everyone to start pulling their own weight like people did in the 'good ole days'. The government is the problem and not the answer.

    God Bless America.
    BK is not a social program.

    Leave a comment:


  • dingdong
    replied
    Go Blanky!

    Leave a comment:


  • blankslate
    replied
    Originally posted by mymom
    Me to, I vote libertarian every chance I can get.

    Libertarians would cut the the social programs by 99% including HUD, welfare, and BK.

    Time for everyone to start pulling their own weight like people did in the 'good ole days'. The government is the problem and not the answer.

    God Bless America.
    Anyone who is in a moral and righteous position to pass judgment on others, wouldn't.

    Those "social" programs you would like to have eliminated take care of the elderly who have paid their taxes and kept this country running for their whole lives. For men and women of our military who sacrificed life and limb believing that they were protecting our country. If you want zero social programs, then you don't want to live in America, you want to live in a third world country.

    God Bless OUR America.

    Leave a comment:


  • Willy13
    replied
    Originally posted by blankslate View Post
    LOL the best is the British Parliament fights! Nothing like a bunch of old guys in wigs and tights in a full beat down!

    I wonder how much it would stimulate the economy if we could have Congress Boxing and allow betting? That could single handedly fix all of Nevada's problems!

    Taiwan has some good ones. This is my favorite.

    Leave a comment:


  • justbroke
    replied
    Originally posted by blankslate View Post
    LOL the best is the British Parliament fights! Nothing like a bunch of old guys in wigs and tights in a full beat down!

    I wonder how much it would stimulate the economy if we could have Congress Boxing and allow betting? That could single handedly fix all of Nevada's problems!
    Ding Ding Ding!!!! I think we have a winner!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • blankslate
    replied
    Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    I agree. I don't like the "politics" of it. Maybe they should just have Monday night wrestling at the House. Anything but the current system of finger pointing.
    LOL the best is the British Parliament fights! Nothing like a bunch of old guys in wigs and tights in a full beat down!

    I wonder how much it would stimulate the economy if we could have Congress Boxing and allow betting? That could single handedly fix all of Nevada's problems!

    Leave a comment:


  • fltoo
    replied
    I vote for the person who most closely follows the platform I choose as fitting my needs.
    -------------------------

    The FYIGM theory is alive and well.

    Leave a comment:


  • justbroke
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy13 View Post
    Doesn't look like it. I'm waiting for Congress to break out into fist fights like they do in some Asian countries. At least that would be more honorable then a lot of the sleazy crap these parties attack each other with.
    I agree. I don't like the "politics" of it. Maybe they should just have Monday night wrestling at the House. Anything but the current system of finger pointing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Willy13
    replied
    Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    Can't we all just get along.
    Doesn't look like it. I'm waiting for Congress to break out into fist fights like they do in some Asian countries. At least that would be more honorable then a lot of the sleazy crap these parties attack each other with.

    Leave a comment:


  • MomIcantFindmy
    replied
    The D's and R's are not going anywhere. I believe that.

    I agree with you though, if you are unhappy with the two party system that has emerged then you should vote for one of the other parties on the ballot. Write about them, start blogs, newspaper articles, fund them and give them an opportunity to get out there. If they are sooooo great then get on the stick and contact your friends and get them to give them funds to get their name out there.

    I have read the platforms of many of the parties out there...D's and R's of course, Libertarian, Constitution, Green etc etc.....and I am sticking with the party that most closely represents my needs....The Dem's! I would never vote for someone just because they are from my state of Florida, or because they are a great orator etc....I vote for the person who most closely follows the platform I choose as fitting my needs.

    It is not about doing things over and expecting different results. I could hardly say Reagan and GW Bush were the same thing just done over. Although one could say we sure as heck got different results.

    I am happy with the job our Prez has done in the last 60 days. I am excited for the future. I am wanting him to hurry up with health care and a few other issues close to my heart.

    Leave a comment:


  • justbroke
    replied
    Can't we all just get along.

    Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X