No announcement yet.

outdated lease???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I'm hoping the bk trustee just takes the rental house from me!! Way too many headaches with bad, expensive tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
      i WAS a landlord at one time...it wasnt worth the headaches...and i do know about being stiffed for rent..etc. and they trashed the place...
      Well now we know why you had such headaches as a landlord - you obviously didn't have a clue about landlord/tenant laws and leases. Of course being clueless is going to cause you some pain.

Comment

its obvious theres some bias from some of the landlords here.....some landlords feel the violin should be playing while they tell their sob stories about bad tennants...i talked to the leasing co and we will talk when i turn in the keys..they will not lose a dime...in fact in typical landlord fashion they will no doubt try to rip me off...but there are a couple of issues that i am documenting to take them to court....

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
          its obvious theres some bias from some of the landlords here.....some landlords feel the violin should be playing while they tell their sob stories about bad tennants...i talked to the leasing co and we will talk when i turn in the keys.. they will not lose a dime...in fact in typical landlord fashion they will no doubt try to rip me off... but there are a couple of issues that i am documenting to take them to court....
          You see the underlined part? That's why you're getting grief from the "professional" landlords on here. I know what I can and can't do based on tenancy laws (county and State). I also don't nickel and dime people at all. I have never kept a deposit. I also screen my tenants pretty well, so maybe that's why I haven't needed to deal with damage to any unit or general trouble. Maybe I was just lucky.

I do know that I can't keep the security deposit for back rent in the two States in which I own property. I am honest, so I have never made up "damages" to keep someone's security deposit. I personally don't want to be in small claims Court (or Superior Court) dealing with this anyhow.

I'm thinking your issue is that you've been dealing with atypical landlords or renting from undesirable landlords. I'm guessing you're not talking about Archstone-Smith, Picerne, and the likes of Pinnacle?
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

nnice picture dingdong............)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X