X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bankruptcy Forum Friends

Hi all,

As you might have heard, a number of mortgage modification firms were shut down by the FTC. The FTC just stopped the modification work in its tracks and as of yet, they have not contacted the effected borrowers (our worthless government at work).

I did some consulting work for this company and now I'm trying to piece together some of the mess that this company and our worthless government created. I can't sit idly by while people who trusted in a company I worked for lose their homes... I'm going to do the right thing despite the cost.

I do intend to be back to the forums, I just don't know when.

Good luck, Merry Christmas, and Godspeed!
    I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Jim, I want to thank you for your valuable contributions to this forum and look forward to your return. Although it sounds like you will be quite busy for a while, stop by when you can just to say hello.

I hope you and yours has a wonderful, safe holiday season and wish you only the best in the new year.

NMC
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

It's good to see someone doing the right thing Jim. Do what's right, take care, and come see us when you can.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I'd just like to know this, now that the FTC has shut down 26 loan modification companies for questionable reasons at best, who is going to notify their clients?
        I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

Originally posted by JimKutkowski View Post
          I'd just like to know this, now that the FTC has shut down 26 loan modification companies for questionable reasons at best, who is going to notify their clients?
          Excellent observation. Good to see you back, JK.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Hi Jim. Great to hear from you...I was a little concerned when I havent seen you on here for a while... Keep us posted and Happy Holidays to you & your family...
            Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
            Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Hello Jim, it is nice to see you back. What can we, as a forum community, do to help?
              Last edited by AngelinaCat; 12-09-2009, 07:40 AM.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Greetings Jim:

Welcome back. Hope to see you stay. So, what did you expect from 'Bammyland? Transparency? Honesty? Truthfulness? Kept Promises? OR paid off Union thugs and Chicago cohorts?

What can WE do to aid you in this fight?
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

This last month has made me seriously consider returning to the world of debt collection.

Comment

This last month has made me seriously consider returning to the world of debt collection.
                    I will not be back to the site. Unfortunately BKForum is now advertising for total attorneys. This got some Connecticut attorneys in hot water with the bar association.

I can't take the risk. Fare the well.

Comment

This is getting more interesting as I read. Sorry to hear about all the additional work this has created for you Jim. I hate to see you go.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Jim. I too hate to see you leave us. Mrs. and I wish you well and a wonderful NEW YEAR! 'Hub
                        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Unfortunately BKForum is now advertising for total attorneys.
                          BKForum does not promote or advertise for "total attorneys" or any legal service. Adversiting on here is paid space advertising which almost all internet forums have. Disclaimers for this forum are listed on the forum front page.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

CORRECT

Our forum advertising is done by purchasing ads to support our forum. These ads are normally from private organizations and NOT THRU another bankruptcy site on the internet.

Since our forum is an "infomation and support forum" for the consumer we do not advertise in our context and postings for attorneys, nor do we allow it.

I'm sure the companies that have bought space are aware of any "consequences" they might legally run into thru illegal advertising, and I'm sure the owner of BK Forum is aware of any "illegal" problems he might encounter.

Now that we have this straightened out, this thread is closed.

Minny
                            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X