What I Just Learned About WalMart Money Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaddyDavid View Post
    that even to get aa prepaid card at WM you haave to provide SS # and etc, so that card would not be 'hidden'?
    I have no idea. I hate Walmart. I rarely go there.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I hate it even more.

But I'm looking for a way to pay bills without having an actual checking account, or having to buy and mail in money orders.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        The reason for the pre-paid card is to keep cash out of accounts that creditors with judgments can levy.

Yep, that's why I use the Wal-Mart money card, and because there is a Wal-Mart about a block from my home, so it is convenient to use.

I only use the Wal-Mart money card to pay stuff online and order stuff online. I figure out exactly how much money I will be spending, then I load just that amount of money (I round up a bit to be on the safe side) onto the card and then I immediately go home and pay all my bills online and order whatever I was going to order online. So I don't keep tons of money on it.

The rest I keep in cash in a very well hidden and firesafe location. It is safer than any bank when you have credit problems.

I also find that since I pay for most things (everything that I don't buy or pay online) with cash that I spend a lot less than I otherwise would. It hurts to let go of that cash! I even use a budget and stick to it. It is easy to do with cash.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X