Bank Came Into My Home When I Wasn't There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Came Into My Home When I Wasn't There

I came home Friday and someone from a company that was hired by my bank was in my home. Freaking Outrageous!!!

He claims he's supposed to come in and take photos if it looks vacant.

This was my business line of credit and NOT my mortgage.

Assistance Anyone???

If I came home and a stranger was in my house, I'd call the police, regardless of the reason given for them being there. Are you in foreclosure? Your property is still yours until your name is off the deed and the bank cannot have someone barge INTO your house. They usually take pictures of the outside.
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

In NY couldn't that be trespassing???

Comment

When i told him I was calling the police he ran, got in his car and took off. I called the police, they called him via his company
        and now the DA is going to investigate it and I can't arrest him. This seems ridiculous!!

Comment

It's definitely trespassing. Yes, I am in foreclosure with a different bank but even that one doesn't ahve the right to come in.

I have an RV in the driveway so obviously not vacant!

Comment

i agree with all the PP's!! UNREAL...i would call the cops and file a report immediately...if not sooner.

there is NO way they should have been in your house...it's not foreclosed is it??? or up for sheriff's sale soon?
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB1 View Post
              When i told him I was calling the police he ran, got in his car and took off. I called the police, they called him via his company
              and now the DA is going to investigate it and I can't arrest him. This seems ridiculous!!
              Perhaps your lawyer can sue them and make a few bucks for you!!!!

Comment

Sounds to me like someone was gonna rob you and thought of this excuse for being in the house. Good thing you came home when you did and I'm glad you're okay after the altercation. I'm in foreclosure too and live in the boonies and if someone was in my house, I'd probably go get my shot gun...we've had someone trying to force themselves into homes around here lately so I'm quite scared of someone hurting me or my family....trespassing...definitely!
                CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
                Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Sheesh, this is wrong on so many levels.

How did the guy get in?
                  Did he damage anything?
                  Was anything missing? (hint: Picasso painting... just kidding...maybe...no, really)

Have you filed for BK? If you've got an automatic stay in effect, you could really do some damage to the bank that sent this moron into your home. Not that this would be right under any circumstance but the automatic stay could really give you a power-boost in this situation. Wow. Just wow.
                  OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

This sounds so shady. I would think it was a thief canvassing the place except, how would he know to see the company name? Scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                      This sounds so shady. I would think it was a thief canvassing the place except, how would he know to see the company name? Scary stuff.
                      is sure does, however, if one doesn't call the police, no report to prove it ever happened...
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I tend to agree with Billssuck, sounds like a flimsy excuse by a savy thief. One thing I've discovered since filing BK is that your name, address, and everything else included in the BK paperwork is public knowledge and can be accessed with anyone who has a PACER account. I'm getting junk mail nearly daily about my BK, and how all these people can 'help' me. Anyone can find out who your mortgage company is by looking it up on PACER. Maybe the guy is legit and just terribly aggressive, but he was in the wrong. Beware and be assertive. Wishing you well.
                        Filed Chapter 7 on 2/22/11, 341 meeting held 3/30/11, relief of stay on foreclosure 4/12/11, relief of stay on auto 5/17/11, Discharge on 6/6/11!

Comment

some states a person can shot you if your in there house.

Comment

He wouldn't have been able to leave my house...let's leave it at that...
                            No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

There is no legal reason for unauthorized entrance to private property. There are two exceptions, fire or other emergency to protect life and property, or by a legal order to vacate and this means even if the house has been sold, yet a Judgment to vacate has not yet been issued.

Did you see a camera of that person? Did you get a tag number? Did you ask what bank or company authorized him to take pictures? I like others feel he was there and used an excuse to case the place. Watch out for a theft. If it were I, and I have done this, I would park away, keep the lights off, and wait for a break in with Smith and Wesson by my side. 'Hub
                              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X