top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone thought about relo outside of United States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the difference is (and what you say about their export driven economies is very true) that in times of crisis they will pull together, and state ownership of capital is not foreign and/or all that distasteful for them. So if need be they will turn inward. In addition, the EU is a huge market that if needed will/can/could turn inward.

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
    Japan and Germany export almost everything they build. Without the US consumer buying BMW's and Toyota's I don't see how they will weather it better.

Their citizens save most of their money which is loaned to their Governments which will likely default.

They won't have a currency crisis however like we will since their debts are all internal while our debts are mostly external due to our low savings rate.

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
      I am not prejudiced against the rest of the world - the rest of the world is definitely prejudiced against United States citizens. .
      On what type of experience and/or data is this statement based on?

As for immigration vs. temporary work visas, the vast majority of the "civilized" world - as well as many "up and coming" countries have the same or similar set of rules...that applies to U.S. citizens as well as to mostly anyone else...

There are countries that do not give out their citizenship to almost anyone like Switzerland, but Americans are in no worse position than the rest of the world even with their stringent rules...

Good luck to us all.
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

I resemble this thread!

On the eve of BK, I bought a cheap house with all the remaining cash I had, and as close to my state's exemption amount), and after going through the BK, moved to Eastern Europe to teach English (where I am as I type.) I pay my rent and feed my face with my earnings from teaching and the occasional distribution from my Roth IRA.

Interestingly, I have met more than few fellow American ex-pats who have moved abroad basically to avoid collections on their student loan and other debts. They all say that if they could find a good professional salaried job where they could live decently and make the payments, they would, but since that's impossible, they are just going to live abroad - and once their debt gets to be too big to be plausibly paid off even if they were to get a good job, then they plan to remain aborad forever.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
          I resemble this thread!

On the eve of BK, I bought a cheap house with all the remaining cash I had, and as close to my state's exemption amount), and after going through the BK, moved to Eastern Europe to teach English (where I am as I type.) I pay my rent and feed my face with my earnings from teaching and the occasional distribution from my Roth IRA.

Interestingly, I have met more than few fellow American ex-pats who have moved abroad basically to avoid collections on their student loan and other debts. They all say that if they could find a good professional salaried job where they could live decently and make the payments, they would, but since that's impossible, they are just going to live abroad - and once their debt gets to be too big to be plausibly paid off even if they were to get a good job, then they plan to remain aborad forever.
          impressive!!!!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
            I resemble this thread!

Good for you and enjoy!

Eastern Europe has a lot to offer if you're one bit inquisitive...lot of history and tradition, great food and booze and that's just the top of the iceberg...

Take it from someone who grew up there, and has a degree allowing him to teach English at HS level, but ended up in the U.S...

Isn't life strange?

Good luck to us all.
            No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              My husband used to travel the world on business and visited many places...he always used to say when he came home from various places that he wished he could send our kids to live there for three weeks to open their eyes and make them appreciate what they had here.
              i agree with you, actually, we live so better than many other places in the world. we should treasure what we have now and live a happy life.

Comment

Oh yes...I would find a little house on a beach in Roatan, Costa Rica, some remote area, and teach English in town. I think it can be done! Talk about affordable living, at least where it is not developed yet.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X