top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the day you filed, how much liquid cash did you have to your name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the day you filed, how much liquid cash did you have to your name?

Not counting 401ks, property, cars etc. Just money in the bank.

I am still saving up to try to file, so I'll post my response when I file.

All that I could exempt.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

20 bucks
      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

We had about 25 bucks between us, not counting a 100 dollar bill folded up and tucked into each of our wallets for EMERGENCY Purposes only, and was to be forgotten about otherwise.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I had $40 that morning. I spent $22 on a taxi to get to the courthouse. I returned home feeling... just broke with only $18 to my name. My bank account was actually overdrawn that day.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi JB: Our bank account was also overdrawn that day, as well. I forgot that.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I had around 2,400. My car is not worth much and I hardly had anything of value. This was money left over from my student loans.
              Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
              341 meeting on 5/28/2010
              Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

I had about 24.00 in the bank and about 100.00 in cash for the month.
                Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                341 5/23/11
                DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

we followed frogger and only reflected the exempt amount allowable, which was reflexed in our bank account.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I had 2,000, which was exempted. My debts far outwayed what I had so the cash was exempted and discharged.

Comment

Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

About $50. I had about 8 different bank accounts (my trustee inquired as to why I had so many! ), and one had a minimum of $25, so I just kept a few bucks in each (except for the one I needed $25.) And yes, the trustee demanded every penny!

Comment

About $200, and close too 100k in retirement accounts that were protected, thank you very much

Comment

I had about $20 and had just paid $11 to the automatic carwash. While watching my car being pulled through the giant sponges and brushes, I received a phone call that my attorney had filed for me.
                            Last edited by lillymarlene; 07-10-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
                              About $200, and close too 100k in retirement accounts that were protected, thank you very much
                              bless you!!
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X