top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Society broke down for any reason, War, Storm, Inserection, how would you prepare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
    I see the coming of a cloud. Houses vacant, people selling tomatoes on card tables, yard sales all week long. We now have a hurricane coming our way. Many warnings of what to stock up on.

My question is, what would you do to prepare for the worse? What if you could not call 911? What if the power is off with no definite time for restoration?
    What if you were actually ON YOUR OWN. What would you do, or what would you prepare to accommodate this scenario?

I'll pipe my plans after I hear yours. 'Hub

well, my plans are: me and hubby are going to your place...LOL!!! i know the earth, and can grow the food and you can build the roof. dh will do the hunting and fishing for food, and angelinacat will keep all the records of the world and they will be in perfect order

seriously, we also feel like the earth plain is so off balance, we actually have felt like we are on our own for sometime. but we have cross bows and guns for hunting, i'm not crazy about road kill, but i'm a good cook, so i can mask anything. i have no problem doing whatever is needed if i had to. grow our own food, and hope we can all work together to rebuild.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

wait...i take it back hub... (sorry you know i love ya guys).....i'm going to pandora's!!!!!!! she's so resourceful and that's exactly why we will maintain our humanity. or at least i hope so!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
        You know what's funny is that these discussions are NOT taking place in most countries in Europe, or Canada, or Japan...or even...China...but it does take place in the US, and I myself as I said am a pessimist...
        That's because Americans are spoiled. We've had it so good for so long, we've become soft and forgotten how to stand up and fight as a collective group. We've become a nation of individuals, concerned only for ourselves. As long as what we have right in front of us isn't taken away, we don't care what little freedoms are lost, one at a time. And the government keeps taking them away, little by little , without a fight.

Comment

Good point - Europeans (and Japanese etc.) still remember WW2 and wish to avoid it at all costs - there is far more sense of community in these other places than here...

Originally posted by Samhill View Post
          That's because Americans are spoiled. We've had it so good for so long, we've become soft and forgotten how to stand up and fight as a collective group. We've become a nation of individuals, concerned only for ourselves. As long as what we have right in front of us isn't taken away, we don't care what little freedoms are lost, one at a time. And the government keeps taking them away, little by little , without a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
            Good point - Europeans (and Japanese etc.) still remember WW2 and wish to avoid it at all costs - there is far more sense of community in these other places than here...
            Exactly. Nothing makes a society stronger than being occupied by a foreign force.

Comment

One of the very first things you should buy when you can get up the $$$

All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

i even remember in college the protests against the Vietnam war.

we were a collective group of non-violent protests against the government. it started in san fran bay area, when i was at berkeley ...but let me tell you, it got crazy when one was getting tear gassed on the way to class. (i know i'm aging myself, but many people didn't live it). it was an exciting time. i still feel we changed the face of this country just by the shear numbers and yells of change chanted daily unti they were heard.

that movement took hold and look what happened at kent state...there were many dead...so it can get ugly.

we need to organize once again, but now it needs to hit hard and fast and still non violent. we have gotten complacent, lazy, and passive. things are going to have to change if we are to move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post

it needs to hit hard and fast and still non violent.
                  The only way it could ever be non violent, is if the police and military actually upheld their oath to defend the constitution and the people and sided with the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhill View Post
                    The only way it could ever be non violent, is if the police and military actually upheld their oath to defend the constitution and the people and sided with the people.
                    i don't think we can count on that any longer, unfortunately.

however, you never know with all the police lay offs and the military being treated without the respect they so deserve, they may join in!

Comment

Natural disasters are inevitable. Always have been, and always will be. You do the best you can to survive.

But all of the other stuff about fiscal defaults, currency devaluations, economic chaos and civil disobedience is just a bunch of bullshit, quite frankly. It will never get that bad for society as a whole. If it does, we are finished. You might as well buy a 9mm Glock pistol, fill the magazine with hollow point ammunition, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
                        You might as well buy a 9mm Glock pistol, fill the magazine with hollow point ammunition, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger.
                        I have a little more fight in me than that.

Comment

You might as well buy a 9mm Glock pistol, fill the magazine with hollow point ammunition, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger.
                          You can go ahead without me.
                          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post

you never know with all the police lay offs and the military being treated without the respect they so deserve, they may join in!
                            Seriously, you would think they would be the ones to start it all....

Comment

You might as well buy a 9mm Glock pistol, fill the magazine with hollow point ammunition...
                              Ruger here, and while I'll refrain from putting it in my mouth / pulling the trigger - I can recommend some awesome HP ammo: Corbon DPx or Hornaday Critical Defense - Always good in my book! Now to just save up enough to get the .357, .38 snub nose and the monster .44

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                                Others may "try" to take it by force. An attempt does not guarantee success.
                                It might not guarantee success if it's only one person, you can only fire so many bullets and then well....you know. Anyways I would think to survive total chaos a person would have to be as far away from civilization as you could possibly get. Living in a large city or even a small town would not be the answer.

Nice link for water filtration, thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X