Chris Christie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Christie

Saw him on TV the other night talking about running for President. He sounds like a pretty smart guy and a lot of people like him. I am not trying to sound like a wise guy but he looks like he could have played Tony's brother in law on the Sopranos.
    ( my prediction, if he runs for President, his weight will be a large issue) Health. (320 lbs)
    Last edited by DYLAN150; 09-29-2011, 09:10 AM.

Don't be fooled by the NJ-isms...he cut teachers, etc., and he used a state chopper to fly to his sons baseball game only to land half a mile from the field...whereupon he took a limo to the field from the chopper...

Comment

In NJ we don't love him so much.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Didn't vote for him as governor, am not about to vote for him for president. He even has my ultra conservative republican cousins wishing they had voted for Corzine.

What I find hypocritical of him is how he claims he is spending more on education. Like it was his idea. If he had his way, the education budget would have been even less than the cuts he made the first year in office. The only reason why it is slightly more is because he lost his case in the NJ supreme court. You see, there is this law that says that if the state mandates a curriculum, it has to provide funding for said curriculum. And he wasn't doing that.

Comment

If Christie is anywhere near as smart as I presume him to be (which does *not* mean I agree with his positions) he will run in 2016...

I don't see anyone beating Obama in 2012. And I'm pretty certain Christie knows that.

From a Republican standpoint, that will finally put Romney out of the picture, so Christie could possibly run on his record...and beat Perry, Bachman or whoever goes against him at the time...

My $0.02 only...
          No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post

I don't see anyone beating Obama in 2012. And I'm pretty certain Christie knows that.

From a Republican standpoint, that will finally put Romney out of the picture
            I don't see anyone beating Obama as well in 2012.

And to get Romney out of the picture? Priceless..........
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but his weight is an issue. There is not a more stressful and demanding job than being the President of the United States. I think he would have a heart attack the first year he was in office, and so, I just don't think he should even try to become our President.

Not to mention the fact that I could never bring myself to vote for a Republican, because I disagree with almost everything they stand for.

As for Obama being unbeatable in 2012, I don't see it. His popularity has fallen sharply and he is widely seen, even among my fellow liberal Democrat circle of friends as incompetent when it comes to both foreign policy and this economy. I just wish that Hillary had won the primary instead of Obama in 2008, and maybe by now we would be coming out of this mess, and she could have been re-elected. Obama, on the other hand, will only get re-elected if the economy turns around significantly in the next year, or if there is a massive war with Iran going on, as people tend to rally around the leader during a major war.
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                As for Obama being unbeatable in 2012, I don't see it. His popularity has fallen sharply and he is widely seen, even among my fellow liberal Democrat circle of friends as incompetent when it comes to both foreign policy and this economy. I just wish that Hillary had won the primary instead of Obama in 2008, and maybe by now we would be coming out of this mess, and she could have been re-elected. Obama, on the other hand, will only get re-elected if the economy turns around significantly in the next year, or if there is a massive war with Iran going on, as people tend to rally around the leader during a major war.
                Obama will win for two simple reasons:

a) He's an incumbent, first non-white POTUS

b) Before anyone brings up the Carter/Reagan comparison, there is *no* Reagan amongst the Republican candidates right now, and there likely won't be one this time around.

Good luck to us all.
                No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Hey, I hope you're right, but I just don't see it.

If even knee-jerk liberals like me see him as incompetent, I can only imagine how independents and moderates now see him.

And will he win enough of the red states this time around to win the election?
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Obama will not win on his strengths, because he's got none.

It's the weakness of his opponents that will ensure four more years of him.

To put it this way: I'm *not* happy with Obama, like I was not happy with GWB - both of them are an absolute disaster in my book. But if I were to choose between Obama and Romney with a gun pointed at my kids (all of this is hypothetical - I'm not a citizen so I can't vote), Romney would *NOT* get my vote and the same goes for Perry. No other Republican - including Dr. Paul who would be my preferred choice - has even the slightest chance of winning the nomination...

My $0.02 only...

Good luck to us all.

Comment

I disagree. I voted for Hillary in the primary and she would be unpopular today as well. This depression was in the making long before POTUS came along. I am still astounded that we still look to POTUS for a job, like he has a role. How about we all look in the mirror to look at the culprit.

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                      I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but his weight is an issue. There is not a more stressful and demanding job than being the President of the United States. I think he would have a heart attack the first year he was in office, and so, I just don't think he should even try to become our President.

Not to mention the fact that I could never bring myself to vote for a Republican, because I disagree with almost everything they stand for.

Comment

Interesting opinions in here. Mine - Obama will get slaughtered in the next election. He is incompetent, not ready for this job in any stretch of the imagination. No idea who will beat him, but unless this country is truly doomed - he should start packing his crap. This government <country?> needs an enema.
                        Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Comment

It could be argued that the American people are incompetent. Were you not incompetent with your financial choices? Do you see POTUS declaring personal BK? He lived with in his means. There are a lot of out of work Americans who lived with in their means but are surviving due to not having all this dumb debt. Lets face it, we ran our services on the cheap and did not make the necessary investments to sustain prosperity in the new century.

Originally posted by AlmostAmos View Post
                          Interesting opinions in here. Mine - Obama will get slaughtered in the next election. He is incompetent, not ready for this job in any stretch of the imagination. No idea who will beat him, but unless this country is truly doomed - he should start packing his crap. This government <country?> needs an enema.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama doesn't even run. He's by far the worst president this country has seen since Carter, probably even worse than CArter.

All the critical swing states are leaning GOP.
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                              I wouldn't be surprised if Obama doesn't even run. He's by far the worst president this country has seen since Carter, probably even worse than CArter.

All the critical swing states are leaning GOP.
                              Sadly, Ohio, those were the people who got us into this mess.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X