Chris Christie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
    Sadly, Ohio, those were the people who got us into this mess.
    Carter and Obama? I think Frank, Dodd, Pelosi and Reid are equally culpable.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      Carter and Obama? I think Frank, Dodd, Pelosi and Reid are equally culpable.
      Dodd, perhaps - Pelosi? Why? Barney Frank? He wasn't even in charge of his committee until 2007!

What about - Bush and Bush, Reagan, and yes Clinton ("free trade") and Greenspan, etc?

Comment

How about we just sit back, relax, and watch the show - because that's all it is...grab your peanuts or popcorn and a soft drink of choice...

Throw almost any name from Congress and Senate, past and present, over the past 40 years and they're all "guilty as charged".

It wasn't just Obama, as it were not just Bush 41 and 43....

This country has been going downhill since Eisenhower left the office. And I'm being very kind...

All of "them" got us here, and we got ourselves here, by being complacent and allowing to do whatever they wanted. Now we're in the dumps.

The question being, what do we do about it?

The answer being, read the first sentence of this post.

Good luck to us all.
        No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

You know shark, you and I may not necessarily be of similar political "faiths" but you know we agree on MANY MANY things - the first sentece of your post -that you refer to in your post - is 1000000000% spot on!!!!!!

Indeed...good luck to us all.....but I'll tell you - aside from the constant tension from the BK - I'm pretty hopeless in general....

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
            I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but his weight is an issue. There is not a more stressful and demanding job than being the President of the United States. I think he would have a heart attack the first year he was in office, and so, I just don't think he should even try to become our President.

Very true. We're not insulting large people, it's just some jobs require a physically fit person whether it's a fire fighter, baseball player and the president.

I think the last time we had "heavy set" presidents was long before TV. In this American Idle/Jersey Shore culture you can bet your life he will be judged by this right or wrong.

IMO this is the only thing I can say good about the current president.
            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post

Throw almost any name from Congress and Senate, past and present, over the past 40 years and they're all "guilty as charged".

It wasn't just Obama, as it were not just Bush 41 and 43....

This country has been going downhill since Eisenhower left the office. And I'm being very kind...

All of "them" got us here, and we got ourselves here, by being complacent and allowing to do whatever they wanted. Now we're in the dumps.

This is the truth. We got ourselves here.

I'm quoting from one of my favorite old t.v. shows of all time, Lonesome Dove, The Outlaw Years... "How did it ever get like this? People end up getting the town they deserve."

People end up getting the country they deserve.
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Right goingdown - or as the GREATEST of American newsfolk said - Edward R Morrow - (quoting Shakespeare as he takes down Joe McCarthy - 1954) - "...the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars - but in ourselves."

Although....the ruling classes have certainly be pushing really hard!

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                This is the truth. We got ourselves here.

I'm quoting from one of my favorite old t.v. shows of all time, Lonesome Dove, The Outlaw Years... "How did it ever get like this? People end up getting the town they deserve."

People end up getting the country they deserve.

Comment

He is smarter than I thought, he isn't running this time, but I do think he will the next go around.

Comment

Thought some of you would enjoy this:

My son and a friend of his made a political cartoon. Picture a delinquent kid destroying a school. In comes Governor Christie with a sledgehammer,his response to the delinquent kid: Awwww, you beat me to it..

My son's teacher got a laugh out of the cartoon.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X