Was in a world of pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in a world of pain

Just had my gallbalder removed and was in the hospital for 5 days. I am feeling well now but I was in a world of hurt, passing a gall stone. BTW, you can't sleep in a hospital, most sleep 3 hours one night. Plus I could not drink water or eat for 4 days which was a killer. So doing good now, lost 12 lbs.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!

Comment

Take care DYLAN. Somehow that doesn't seem like the best diet.

My hubby told me about yrs ago when he was living alone , having a gallblader attack (it attacked him?? LOL) And he was in ALOT of pain , really speeding to the hospital hoping that a police person would stop him and help him get to the hospital.
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

You must of had it bad. I had my gallbladder out and it was day surgery. I got sick after from the anethesia and they weren't too happy I didn't leave right away! I guess they needed the bed. I think I must of watched 20 movies when I was recovering. and the percoset was great for sleeping but plain ole Advil is what took the actual pain away. Go figure.
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

DYLAN best wishes my friend! Hope you're up and around soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Doing better now, thanks everyone.

Comment

just stay well Dylan! and glad you are feeling better!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You must have had a complicated case to stay that long. No water for five days? Tough way to get refreshed, through a tube. Hope you needed to lose weight. Twelve pounds in five days is quite a diet. So pleased you are back as a valued poster with wise advice. GBWY and have a Merry Christmas. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Keep on the road to recovery, Dylan. You are in my prayers!! <3
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                    You must have had a complicated case to stay that long. No water for five days? Tough way to get refreshed, through a tube. Hope you needed to lose weight. Twelve pounds in five days is quite a diet. So pleased you are back as a valued poster with wise advice. GBWY and have a Merry Christmas. 'Hub
                    You know they say a safe weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week but I just got down watching the biggest loser and they were losing up to 15lbs a week, every week. I know that they are with trainers pretty much all day long to monitor them but I wondered about that. I normally lose about 1lb a day. Unfortunately, I usually gain it back by the time I go to bed! Don't gain it all back at once Dylan!
                    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Glad you're doing better. Yes, you're right. The hospital is no place to get rest.
                      Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                      Discharged! June 28, 2012
                      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                        Doing better now, thanks everyone.
                        Glad to hear you're doing better.

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
                        You must of had it bad. I had my gallbladder out and it was day surgery. I got sick after from the anethesia and they weren't too happy I didn't leave right away! I guess they needed the bed. I think I must of watched 20 movies when I was recovering. and the percoset was great for sleeping but plain ole Advil is what took the actual pain away. Go figure.

I've found the same thing. Plain old Advil works better than the prescription pain killers for me, too. And it's a lot cheaper.
                        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Right goingdown - some people respond better to ibuprofen, some to naproxen, and some even to acetominophen (tylenol) - and some need the heavy stuff! I had a herniated disk in my back about six years ago - couldn't stand up straight for six weeks - lived on all of the above!!!! Went to great back guy - he said in six weeks it will be absorbed (the burst disk material)...he was right...didn't wind up getting the cortisone injections...I chickened out. :-)

Comment

same thing happened to my husband...hubby turned yellow like an Easter peep tho...his gallstones blocked his liver bile ducts all nasty... but now all better.....it took him a while to recover ( had a couple of morphine tango nights)....but he's fine now and Dylan you'll be fine too...good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                              he was right...didn't wind up getting the cortisone injections...I chickened out. :-)
                              Chickening OUT was probably a good thing. I have had a cortisone shot in each shoulder.....bursitis....first one 9 yrs ago. 2nd one 4 yrs ago.
                              First one I went out cold. slid right off the table. Nurse ran out to the waiting rm to get my guy. 2nd time around I knew what was coming.
                              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X