Celebrities Gone Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrities Gone Bankrupt

Gary Busey, Sherman Hemsley, Kim Basinger, Wayne Newton (Mr Vegas) Vince Neil, Mike Tyson, Stephen Baldwin, M.C. Hammer, Jose Canseco, Anna Nicole Smith, Walt Disney and Mark Twain, just to name a few.

Sarah Ferguson, Marion Jones, Gary Coleman, Larry King, Natalie Cole, Cyndi Lauper, Zsa Zsa Gabor, David Crosby, Debbie Reynolds, Tom Petty, Toni Braxton and don't forget Donald Trump!
    Jessica
    Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
    Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Oh and Randy Quaid, Kim Basinger, Don Johnson, and Francis Ford Coppola
      This is fun lol
      Jessica

Comment

Burt Reynolds & O.J. Simpson....don't see them in the above lists...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

And me!
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            And me!
            LOL!!! me too!!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

& me one ..

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                & me one ..
                Well if we are going that route... I am a celebrity by way of my 10th cousin twice removed (or something like that) being married to Quentin Tarantino's mother! yes, my claim to fame is pretty much nil...

But on the original note note, Henry Ford, Abe Lincoln, Walt Disney, Milton Hershey, Mark Twain, Rembrandt, HJ Heinz and PT Barnum all join us on this list!
                Jessica

Comment

This must mean I'm a celebrity. Several above bked more than once. Hope we all are smarter than celebrities and only mike this our first and last bk.

Having a lot of money makes it difficult to stop spending freely and without thought. The habit is so hard to break and being a weak person of habit, is exactly why I will not use a CC again. CC's are like closets or garages. No matter how small or large, you will fill them up. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

He too but he won't admit it...

He's just too proud.
                    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Mark Twain Bankruptcy (taken from wikipedia) Pretty interesting to read:

Financial troublesTwain made a substantial amount of money through his writing, but he lost a great deal through investments, mostly in new inventions and technology, particularly the Paige typesetting machine. It was a beautifully engineered mechanical marvel that amazed viewers when it worked, but was prone to breakdowns. Twain spent $300,000 (equal to $7,590,000 today[29]) on it between 1880 and 1894,[30] but before it could be perfected, it was made obsolete by the Linotype. He lost not only the bulk of his book profits but also a substantial portion of his wife's inheritance.[31]

Twain also lost money through his publishing house, which enjoyed initial success selling the memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant, but went broke soon after, losing money on a biography of Pope Leo XIII; fewer than two hundred copies were sold.[31]

Twain's writings and lectures, combined with the help of a new friend, enabled him to recover financially.[32] In 1893, he began a 15-year-long friendship with financier Henry Huttleston Rogers, a principal of Standard Oil. Rogers first made Twain file for bankruptcy. Then Rogers had Twain transfer the copyrights on his written works to his wife, Olivia, to prevent creditors from gaining possession of them. Finally, Rogers took absolute charge of Twain's money until all the creditors were paid.

Twain embarked on a year-long, around-the-world lecture tour in July 1895[33] to pay off his creditors in full, although he was no longer under any legal obligation to do so.[34] It would be a long, arduous journey and he was sick much of the time, mostly from a cold and a carbuncle. The itinerary took him to Hawaii, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, India, Mauritius, South Africa and England. Twain's three months in India became the centerpiece of his 712-page book Following the Equator.

In mid-1900, he was the guest of newspaper proprietor Hugh Gilzean-Reid at Dollis Hill House. Twain wrote of Dollis Hill that he had "never seen any place that was so satisfactorily situated, with its noble trees and stretch of country, and everything that went to make life delightful, and all within a biscuit's throw of the metropolis of the world."[35] He then returned to America in 1900, having earned enough to pay off his debts.

Comment

can I have everyone's autograph? it's for my scrapbook of celebrity signatures... :P

Hey, ya never know - I might sell 'em on ebay to help pay for my Ch. 13 ROFL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X