No announcement yet.

The Hunger Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished book one (The Hunger Games) at about 2AM last night. I have started book two, Catching Fire. Hopefully, I won't be up until 2AM again, but I can honestly tell you that the reason I haven't been on the forum all day, is because I've been reading!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Back last year I got a Kindle and when checking the free books available to download, I happened upon the Hunger Games. I hadn't heard of it but from the description, thought I would like it. It was great and I was excited when I found out there were 2 more books! Of course I downloaded them also for $2.99 each. I must have gotten them before they hit it big because then they went on the best seller list!. I loved them all. I think it does cause a lot of people to think because it is not so ridicuously far in the future that you can't imagine it and with the economy the way it is, it isn't impossible to imagine things being hard for a lot of people. After the 3rd book though, it made me feel that there is always light at the end of the tunnel!. Of course, I always look for the light anyway, sometimes I just have to replace the bulb!
      Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
      1% to unsecured creditors
      25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Comment

Well, the movie has made enough of an impact that there is now a spoof of it. I'm not sure if it is a more or less serious commercial, or just a plain spoof, as I only caught part of it. But the Katniss character is now a man that substituted for his younger brother, and he ends up fighting a bedbug.... He tried to shoot an arrow and breaks the bow, which is really a bent twig..

Honestly, I didn't make this up..
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I finished book 2 (Catching Fire) at 12midnight last night. I'm exhausted. I'm 2 chapters into book 3 (Mockingjay) now.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am almost through with Book 2. A friend tried to send an email version of Book 3 to me, but it hasn't worked. I only get a 'preview' of 22 pages...

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
              I finished book 2 (Catching Fire) at 12midnight last night. I'm exhausted. I'm 2 chapters into book 3 (Mockingjay) now.
              The way the author ends the books MAKES you want to read the next one almost instantaneously. LOL A clever ploy.
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I haven't visited these forums much since I filed, because they tend to make me crazy, but this looks like a good safe topic.

These books have been a source of sleep deprivation for me for the past week. I just finished the last one. All I have to say is EXCELLENT!!!

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                I wonder how many little girls will be named Katniss or Primrose or Rue. Remember the 'Bella' craze?
                Don't get me started on the Bella craze! I'm so mad at Stephenie Meyer for stealing my would-be daughter's name (the daughter I don't yet have, that is). I have always liked the name Isabella. I have a very unusual last name, and very few names actually sound good with it. But, Isabella is one of those few, and if I am ever blessed with a daughter, people will think chose her name because I'm a Twi-Addict (which I am, but that's beside the point). UGH!!

I bet a lot of baby boys born in the next couple of years will be named Gale, but I doubt Peeta will ever catch on. Then again, I did meet a couple last year who named their baby Renesmee. Yuck!
                Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                Discharged! June 28, 2012
                Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

The way the author ends the books MAKES you want to read the next one almost instantaneously. LOL A clever ploy.
                  Almost every chapter ends on a cliffhanger. You can't just put the book down.
                  Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
                    Almost every chapter ends on a cliffhanger. You can't just put the book down.
                    I am so glad you enjoyed them!

You were missed but we ALL understand the need for a break during our "process" (I think of Frogger every time I see the word process now).

Tuesday will be over and done before you know it. PLEASE check in with us afterwards, okay?
                    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I am so glad you enjoyed them!
                      I did! There is so much I'd love to discuss about this book, but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it, yet.

Tuesday will be over and done before you know it. PLEASE check in with us afterwards, okay?
                      I will.
                      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

I just finished Book 2. AAAAARRRRGGGGG!!!! Talk about cliff hangers!!! I have to wait until the third one comes back to the library...

Comment

I actually saw the movie AGAIN yesterday, which is amazing because I never see movies in the theater, let alone twice!

But I have a word of advice - sit a little farther back. The movie has that hand-held shaky cam thing that I didn't notice as much the first time because I was sitting farther back in a stadium-style theater. Yesterday, I sat in the middle of a regular-seating theater and the shaky cam really bothered me.

Other than that, it was great!
                          Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

AC, if you have Freecycle in your area, try asking for the book that way. Occaionally it works for me.
                            Honestly the third is my least favorite.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I watched it in IMAX and enjoyed the full screen. I may go back and watch on a standard movie screen this next time (yes I'm going back). I'm into the third book and this is such a great story. Now I'm upset that the 2nd movie won't be into full production until the fall, and there is no talk of producing the 3rd book into a movie!

Comment

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm on the third book. I heard there will be a new director for the second movie so hopefully no shaking camera that many have complained about. As for a movie for book three I also heard they will be taking book two and three and breaking it into 3 more movies. There were planing on making 4 movies out of the whole collection.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X