The Hunger Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post

Don't get me started on the Bella craze! I'm so mad at Stephenie Meyer for stealing my would-be daughter's name (the daughter I don't yet have, that is). I have always liked the name Isabella. I have a very unusual last name, and very few names actually sound good with it. But, Isabella is one of those few, and if I am ever blessed with a daughter, people will think chose her name because I'm a Twi-Addict (which I am, but that's beside the point). UGH!!
    I've read books with a character named, Arabella. How about that one?

The NBC soap, Days of Our Lives, has had a couple of characters named, Isabella. The shortened nickname for one, was 'IzzyB', and the other was called "Belle".
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      I just finished Book 2. AAAAARRRRGGGGG!!!! Talk about cliff hangers!!! I have to wait until the third one comes back to the library...
      It's going to get intense!!!

I've read books with a character named, Arabella. How about that one?
      Oh, I'm still going to name her Isabella. I'm just anticipating dealing with a lot of fallout from it. But, everybody who knows me will know it's not because I'm a delusional Twihard.

The NBC soap, Days of Our Lives, has had a couple of characters named, Isabella. The shortened nickname for one, was 'IzzyB', and the other was called "Belle".
      You just hit the nail on the head. That's what made me first think of the name. And, I'm going to call her Belle, because I live in the South.

So, here's a question: Team Gale, or Team Peeta?
      Last edited by lotsahats; 04-22-2012, 10:51 AM.
      Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
      Discharged! June 28, 2012
      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

BTW, I read somewhere that Woody Harrelson has signed on for four films. Splitting the final installment into two movies seems to be the new trend in Hollywood. It made sense with Harry Potter and Twilight, because those books had too many pages to cram into a two-hour movie while still being true to the books, but, with only 350 pages, I imagine they're going to have to add a lot of fluff to stretch Mockingjay into two films...
        Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Right now I am favoring Gale. But I don't think it will turn out that way.

As far as the book, Mockingjay goes, I read a reader review that complains that the end seems a little rushed, as though the author was running out of the allotted pages in which to tie up the loose ends. Hopefully, the movie treatments will correct that, if there is a problem.

Comment

As far as the book, Mockingjay goes, I read a reader review that complains that the end seems a little rushed, as though the author was running out of the allotted pages in which to tie up the loose ends. Hopefully, the movie treatments will correct that, if there is a problem.
            I sort of thought that, too. And, there was a small, inconsequential event that occurred that I thought could have been omitted altogether. Even so, it still ended exactly the way I wanted it to (speaking of Teams ).
            Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

I should be done with Mockingjay this week. Hopefully, I can read a couple of hours each night. I read for comprehension (and memory), so it takes me about 15-20 minutes per chapter. With 27 chapters, that could take 9 hours to complete a book in the trilogy (since Collins writes 3 chapters per scene and 9 scenes per "play").

The thing will be... what book do I read next? Okay, we'll save that for later.

I secretly wish that Katniss and Peeta are together. Peeta reminds me of the character Watts in Some Kind of Wonderful, and the character Ducky in Pretty in Pink. Okay, I'm showing my age.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

haven't even read the thread, but i have to go see this TOMORROW!!!!

nice to know you read jb!! LOL!! i would have NEVER guess it.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  The thing will be... what book do I read next? Okay, we'll save that for later.
                  I'm actually re-reading the trilogy. I often do that to pick up on tidbits I missed the first time around. Since I know what will happen this time, it's easier to put it down, and get some freaking sleep. I literally lost sleep for nine nights straight, plowing through whole sections at a time. I'm glad I wasn't introduced to these books until long after the final installment was published. It would be agony, having to wait for the next book to come out.

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  I secretly wish that Katniss and Peeta are together. Peeta reminds me of the character Watts in Some Kind of Wonderful, and the character Ducky in Pretty in Pink. Okay, I'm showing my age.
                  If I say who I wanted her to end up with, it would spoil it for those who are still guessing, since I previously stated that the book ended the way I wanted it to. But, as I was reading it, it was obvious to me who she would not end up with. I figured it would be either the one I was rooting for, or she would just remain alone.
                  Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                    haven't even read the thread, but i have to go see this TOMORROW!!!!

nice to know you read jb!! LOL!! i would have NEVER guess it.
                    Be prepared to want to 'bone' up on your survival skills....

Comment

I wish we could see some of the story from Peeta's point of view. Particularly, the conversation between him and Haymitch, before the interview.

Eew. Haymitch and Peeta. How did Suzanne Collins come up with some of these names?
                      Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
                        Eew. Haymitch and Peeta. How did Suzanne Collins come up with some of these names?
                        Supposed language shift maybe? Peeta, could be corruption of Peter. Haymitch could be a corruption of Hayward Mitchell, or his mother heard "Hey Mitch...!" and liked the combination?

Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Supposed language shift maybe? Peeta, could be corruption of Peter. Haymitch could be a corruption of Hayward Mitchell, or his mother heard "Hey Mitch...!" and liked the combination?

Just thinking out loud.
                          Exactly.
                          But Enobaria?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I'm still working on that.

I know that Susanne Collins wanted to evoke a feel of the Roman Bread and Circuses, so that is why some of the Classical Greek and Roman names of Cicero and Plutarch.

Comment

Be prepared to want to 'bone' up on your survival skills....
                              haaaaaa! you already know i'm pretty good with those! LOL! we were going to go today , but it has to be tomorrow
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Lots of the names are from 'Julius Caesar', aren't they? Or maybe just from Shakespeare in general.
                                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X