Summer Vacation Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Vacation Plans?

Anyone doing anything special for summer?

I just recently lost my part-time job because the company for which I was working folded and closed its doors. It went out of business. I was shocked at first because there was no warning and it seemed liked they were doing fine in terms of customers, but I later found out they had a mountain of debt and were barely treading water, even with all the customers.

As it turns out, it couldn't have happened at a better time. Phoenix is hot as He** again, and I want to get out of here for at least a few months. Hopefully longer. We'll see how long my relatives can tolerate me mooching off of them.

So, I am packing up my chihuahuas and driving up to Oregon. Because gas is so expensive, I'm going to take the shortest route-- Phoenix to Las Vegas to Reno to Susanville to Mt. Shasta (I love Mt. Shasta!) to Weed (on the I-5) and up to Eugene. I can usually get from Phoenix to Las Vegas in one day. And then from Las Vegas to Reno in day 2. Then from Reno to Mt. Shasta or Weed in the third day. At that point I could just keep driving all the way to Eugene and if I end up arriving at their home in the middle of the night, I have a key to let myself in, but I like to spend at least a little bit of time at Mt. Shasta because it is so beautiful there. They also have a natural spring where I fill up jugs of water. It is the best tasting water ever!

Anyways, I won't be on here for awhile (my family are sort of like hillbillies and don't have any internet access at all, and it's a pain to go to the library to get free access because you have to wait in line), but I will eventually return.

Have a fun summer everyone, and goodbye!
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Enjoy your trip Going! Sounds like a great vacation - take lots of pics

Our summer plans are already booked (we book 1 yr in advance) - lots of camping and then the beach in July. Other than those things, just hanging out around the homefront & relaxing in the pool.

Comment

sounds wondrous!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

we just got back from a beautiful island in the gulf of mexico it was the first time we got away in years. but we had a break between radiation and chemo in this house (our first in over 7 months!) and i packed up the car and set out for the island to get the sick one some color in them there cheeks!!!

since we can't make a ton of plans for our future other than doctors 5 x's a week, i am flying my kids down so we can at least see the grand kids...although i really HATE kids, i think it will be good because it will only be a few days. of course, if they break anything in the house they are so DONE!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I have driven that same route many times, I love Reno to Susanville and over to the moutain. (many speed traps) I always stop in Susanville at the chevron and get ice cream. They have about 30 different kinds. Have a safe trip my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          but we had a break between radiation and chemo in this house (our first in over 7 months!)
          *screeching halt*

I'm just now hearing about this....? Thoughts and prayers are with ya hun...or whomever in your house is dealing with such a terrible thing. (hugs hugs and more hugs)

Comment

Enjoy the vacation.... great attitude about the job! Our only plans for the summer involve making a quick trip to New York when our son and his wife introduce our first grandson into the family!!!! Tobee, I'm with Pandora. You and yours will be in my prayers.
            Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
            Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Sounds like cool plans GD. You're headed up my way. We're in the 70's for the 10 day outlook.
              One kewl thing we are planning is the sandcastle contest at Cannon Beach June 9th.
              Not sure if you'll be up here by then.
              Individuals and groups have a certain area to work in and the sand sculptures are amazing. The have so many hours to finish and get judged and then the sculptures just wash away in the tide.
              Good luck to you and stay safe in all that driving.
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

sbut we had a break between radiation and chemo in this house (our first in over 7 months!) and i packed up the car and set out for the island to get the sick one some color in them there cheeks!!!
                I hope your trip was lovely, tobee! I will send some knee-mail on your behalf.

i am flying my kids down so we can at least see the grand kids...although i really HATE kids, i think it will be good because it will only be a few days. of course, if they break anything in the house they are so DONE!
                I call shenanigans!! LOL
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                  *screeching halt*

I'm just now hearing about this....? Thoughts and prayers are with ya hun...or whomever in your house is dealing with such a terrible thing. (hugs hugs and more hugs)
                  thanks...so much pandora, we have been in the biggest war of our lives for the past 7 months. a few have known about the situation but it's been a marathon and we are hoping we are in the stages of our last battles. i only mention it now because we finally got GOOD NEWS!!! this week and we are in the home stretch, at this more the moment as it is a day by day situation.

thanks TheBajan and, i'll tell you prayers are what has kept us going! but we are winning! will win.

Valle, the trip was so GREAT!!! walks on the beach, dolphins swimming past our front windows, shelling. where we went is 2/3 protected by the government and there is little development there, just peace and nature and it was so relaxing and nice, just what we needed

although, i am looking just a bit forward to seeing the kids...a TINY bit
                  Last edited by tobee43; 06-02-2012, 04:25 AM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee43,
                    I'm so glad you go good news and enjoy those kids

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                      Tobee43,
                      I'm so glad you go good news and enjoy those kids
                      thanks so much! we still aren't exactly out of the deep of the woods yet, but we are closing to the finish line!

i HOPE i enjoy the kids. i just hope they are potty trained and can reach the frig door to get their own food and drinks...do they do that at age 2 and 3 LOL!!!!!

Comment

thanks so much! we still aren't exactly out of the deep of the woods yet, but we are closing to the finish line!

i HOPE i enjoy the kids. i just hope they are potty trained and can reach the frig door to get their own food and drinks...do they do that at age 2 and 3 LOL!!!!!
                        Oh I understand if your 3 year old is anything like my 3 year old grandson I'm exhausted after 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                          Oh I understand if your 3 year old is anything like my 3 year old grandson I'm exhausted after 2 hours
                          the 2 is a boy and the 3 is a girl, i know my kids were 10.5 months apart and it wasn't fun! but then don't we grandparents get to give them back when they are naughty??? i know they both swim so i'm hoping theh pool will keep them busy and we can have some good family time

Comment

the 2 is a boy and the 3 is a girl, i know my kids were 10.5 months apart and it wasn't fun! but then don't we grandparents get to give them back when they are naughty??? i know they both swim so i'm hoping theh pool will keep them busy and we can have some good family time

Oh yes I love the part about giving them back when they are bad LOL

Comment

LOL!!! yes, i'm looking forward to that part!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X