Renter with Pitbull Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renter with Pitbull Dog

Though we have said on numerous occasions that we hate, despise, and otherwise cannot stand a 'pitbull-type' of dog on our property, our
    God-Daughter has brought a person in that needs to rent a place for a while--whatever that means.

What I need to know is what experience you might have had in a similar situation? What has the dog been like? How has the Master controlled it? Those
    type of questions and answers I am interested in. We have three cats--one being your Avatar and 'pen-name for myself, and a couple of small, inoffensive dogs. This one is a young HORSE in comparison.

I want both the renter and dog gone. 'Hub says he will handle the matter tomorrow, though I am not sure what 'that' means.

I would appreciate you sharing with us your concerns and experiences.

For the record, I say "absolutely no way!" 'Hub is more *tender-hearted* (meaning sap-sucker)

Thanks!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

I can be as tender hearted as anyone, however IMO, any pitbull type breed (regardless of how much of a "baby" his owner states the dog is) is just not going to happen. While some of them may be gentle, I am not going to stake the future of myself or anyone around me to the potential of a pitbull problem.

We will probably have some come along and tell us how wrong that you and I are, but so be it. They can take the dog and his owner........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I'm with frogger just the thoughts of pit bulls make my skin crawl

Comment

If I were a landlord, I would not allow a pitbull.

Comment

Probably, the only way I would allow an aggressive breed (under 50lbs) in one of my rentals, would be that the renter has rental insurance with a $100K liability endorsement and a damage endorsement of at least $50K. The policy would also need to name me as the Loss Payee.

Then... I might think about it.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Although I know people with perfectly lovely pit bulls - a German shepherd puppy was tied to a tree and tangled up. Lady stopped walking her pit bull puppy and tied it to a garbage can ( I know) to untangle the other dog. Pit bull got loose and proceeded to maul the tied up puppy, neighbor ran to interfere, got bitten and puppy was killed. Very very sad.

Comment

I would be very hesitant to allow it without knowing 1-the owner very well and 2-having been around the dog from when it was a puppy - and I own one myself. Even then I would definitely need some deposit as well as insurance against property damage, since they are very energetic and if not exercised routinely and have their own stuff I have heard they can chew furniture, cords, etc.. (The most I had chewed was a laptop cord and a 5 gallon jug I had let in the yard) I am not going to go into the whole "gentlest dogs" stuff because aside from mine, and the family she came from, I absolutely see many that I don't trust myself

Comment

I've been a dog lover since I was a kid, but I have to say I think your instincts are right. You guys have an established pet environment and this GENERALLY is not the type of dog by breed that I would want to test the waters with adaptation. Just NO WAY.

Comment

I think it depends on the owner. I have known very sweet pit bulls. But, even the sweetest dog of any breed can quickly become vicious in certain situations. A pit bull is especially dangerous in that kind of situation. A bit bull and his owner who is very conscientious about training and discipline and keeping the dog under control AT ALL TIMES might make better tenants than a dog of another breed and an owner who doesn't train or keep their dog under control. You also need an owner who takes their responsibility for owning a pit bull seriously enough that they would put themselves in harms way and get between the dog and another person if necessary. It's hard to determine if this owner is that person. I suggest you spend some time with the dog and owner and carefully observe how the owner deals with the dog. On the other hand, if your gut cries out "NOOOOOO," it may be better to listen to it than make a decision you could regret later. The risk will never be zero.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

.................................................. .................................................. .... My Mother came over to our place one time.
                    .................................................. ............................. I told her we have a pit bull she exclaimed "No you don 't! You are just kidding".

.................................................. .......................................... Behind my chair was the friendliest pitbull I have ever seen.

.................................................. .................................................. . I suspect dogs are a reflection of their owner.

.................................................. ......................... Being it is your home, you have the final say on the issue and that should be final.
                    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Well, we all had a VERY long discussion this morning. We will give a 30 day 'trial' and see how it goes. This dog is supposed to be very gentle and is going to be neutered soon. And is never let off a leash or tether, except when inside with the owner. I still don't like this, and the owner knows that should this dog ever attack one of my cats, I will dispatch it myself.

Comment

Mrs. Cat appears to be the big cat in that house!
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We have a pit bull next door. He's "nice", but consistently jumps over the fence whenever our dog is outside and attacks him, playfully, I guess, but it doesn't look that way. Since we're on good terms with the neighbors and want to keep it that way, we're raising our adjoining fence two feet. Hopefully, that will do it. If not, maybe barbed wire?

Comment

and electrified?
                            that should do it

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Just went into the place today to check things over and retrieve some things we could not before this guy moved in--he is out of town right now--along with his doggie.

Renter knows that we still have many of our personal things in the building. I was quite annoyed that he had put two decorative bed pillows in the dog box that he shuts his animal up in when one of us comes over. I have my decorative pillows, and he will get a rag pillow for his dog box.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

However, I have to keep in mind that this is a male human we are dealing with, and male humans do not have the same values that female humans do. *sniff*
                              Last edited by AngelinaCat; 12-29-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X