Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would happen to the link between the two if you went into user CP on the bkforum and changed the email address you use for the forum to a different email address than you use for Facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
      What would happen to the link between the two if you went into user CP on the bkforum and changed the email address you use for the forum to a different email address than you use for Facebook?
      I already don't use the same email address - ?? and my daughter's email address is a totally different one is well. The only connection between she and I is that we both use the same computer. I have no clue how it got installed on her facebook account as well.
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Maybe clear your browser cookies and cache...? I mean if it got installed on a completely unrelated account, then it sounds to me like maybe a browser issue.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
          Maybe clear your browser cookies and cache...? I mean if it got installed on a completely unrelated account, then it sounds to me like maybe a browser issue.
          Okay, did that - we'll see. I keep checking my apps to see if it's back on there yet, and so far, it's stayed off tonight. Will be away from the computer for the next couple of days so hopefully won't be an issue when I return.
          04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Not where I wanted to post my first time to here (been lurking for a bit now) but....

I read an article about this the other day. It's NOT a glitch, it's NOT because you used the same email address, it's NOT because you authorized it. Facebook has installed some programs that automatically link you. You can delete or block the application, but it will just re-install itself the next time you visit the website. The article said the only way to prevent it was to log out of Facebook (not just close the window) before browsing the internet. Even if you don't have Facebook open at all, but have that "save my log-in" thing checked, it will pick up those sites that you visited.

Comment

I deleted my link in Facebook yesterday after reading this thread. I just looked and it's still gone.

Comment

I deleted my link also and have gone back and forth between this forum and facebook several times since and it hasn't reappeared. I never log out of this forum so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I never log out of facebook either.
                Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
                341 June 1st, 2010
                Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
                Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jdcat View Post
                  I never log out of this forum so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I never log out of facebook either.
                  I think there's a 12 step program for that.

Comment

LOL! I mean, I'm always logged in automatically when I visit. I don't have to enter my username and password everytime.
                    341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by jdcat View Post
                      LOL! I mean, I'm always logged in automatically when I visit. I don't have to enter my username and password everytime.
                      Uh huh. I understand. You know, the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting that you have a problem.

Comment

341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Comment

::: secretly arranging intervention for jdcat, who is clearly in denial :::

lwh1961, I think it is the same thing. Who knows? I don't touch the stuff.

Comment

A whole article on the problem. Has diagrams to show how to disable.

Comment

I just checked my facebook applications which I always have set to No for everything after it says it will pull info from friends etc...and this is on there! I deleted it !!
                                I didn't even use the same email for this acct and my facebook!! WTF!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X