BKF new feature - post voting thumbs up/down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BKF new feature - post voting thumbs up/down

So, now that we have our own little b***h site, I don't know if LAZ is reading, but for kicks I hit a "thumbs up" or someone on my post did, I don't know or care, but then I get a PM that tells me someone "liked" my post. I don't give a rodent's butt about that, and now I am ignoring PMs that may be of importance as I feel "bothered" and actually harassed by such trivial things.

I'm not here for that. LAZ if you can, divert all this crap from me.

It is going to confuse the newbies, and irritate those who have been and to date, are here. It is annoying me to death.

Keep it simple. LAZ You are losing the concept of what works. Leave it alone. It worked before.

Remember the "NEW Coca Cola"? 1985. It almost ruined the Coca-Cola company. They then brought back a facsimile of the original Coke.

I'm telling you, and predicting you will regret your games, bells, whistles.

'Hub (for now)
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
    I want to know where this feature is located? I've searched under every category in SETTINGS and there is no option to turn it off...?? Am I missing something?

This is from the FAQ section of the forum...

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.
    Again I ask... WHERE Is this Option located?

I'd rather just have everything turned off since it states its the USERS OPTION under FAQ. I dont care what anyone thinks of my posts - thats their opinion, good-bad-ugly-indifferent - it doesnt matter to me. I dont care if I have "friends" - like me, dont like me - doesnt bother me one way or the other. I'm here because I needed help, I needed to understand things, and along the way - help others that are new to the process as I am able to. As far as the "Friends" go - I wont classify who IS and who is NOT on a forum as I feel everyone learns from each other, therefore - we're all "friends".

my .02 - of course, it would be helpful to get an answer to my question

Comment

Again I ask... WHERE Is this Option located?

I'd rather just have everything turned off since it states its the USERS OPTION under FAQ. I dont care what anyone thinks of my posts - thats their opinion, good-bad-ugly-indifferent - it doesnt matter to me. I dont care if I have "friends" - like me, dont like me - doesnt bother me one way or the other. I'm here because I needed help, I needed to understand things, and along the way - help others that are new to the process as I am able to. As far as the "Friends" go - I wont classify who IS and who is NOT on a forum as I feel everyone learns from each other, therefore - we're all "friends".

my .02 - of course, it would be helpful to get an answer to my question
      when you find them pandora...please make certain you SHARE the info...and i promise i will give you a thumbs up!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

yep... sure thing - however I'm hoping LAZ or Admin will post openly how to access this feature.

Comment

yep... sure thing - however I'm hoping LAZ or Admin will post openly how to access this feature.
          well pandora, at this point you may only get that information via a pm in the form of an achievement...?? ( i just had too)

kidding aside..i would also appreciate that info.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            hub....didn't the "old" Coca-Cola really have cocaine in it...LOL!!!! (hense the name coca-cola).

yes, indeed, i got a few pm's telling me by thread and post were "BAD"....lol...now, i'm not certain if "BAD" meant cool...like wow...that's like "BAD"...or if it means

Synonyms: deficient, inferior, lousy, off, poor, punk, rotten, substandard, unacceptable, ungodly, unsatisfactory, wanting, wretched, wrong

Related Words: defective, faulty, flawed; execrable, lesser, low-grade, mediocre, reprehensible, second-rate, unspeakable; bum, useless, valueless, worthless; inadequate, insufficient, lacking; astray; scurrilous, villainous

well.....now THAT's BAD!
            Yes, the original Coke was a medicine invented in a Drug store in Atlanta. THAT is why the formula is a secret and the beverage is so popular. Now really, there is no coke in it anymore and once someone thought of putting sparkling water into it, it became a beverage.

Now seriously, when you got PMed that you had a "bad" post, how did that make you feel? First you have to stop, answer the PM button, waste your time reading that your efforts seemingly failed (for that single person, could have helped the OP though) and makes you really feel like you want to post again doesn't it? Think about the havoc some Troll could inflict upon this board by clicking every down thumb on every post. Riots anyone? 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Yes, the original Coke was a medicine invented in a Drug store in Atlanta. THAT is why the formula is a secret and the beverage is so popular. Now really, there is no coke in it anymore and once someone thought of putting sparkling water into it, it became a beverage.

Now seriously, when you got PMed that you had a "bad" post, how did that make you feel? First you have to stop, answer the PM button, waste your time reading that your efforts seemingly failed (for that single person, could have helped the OP though) and makes you really feel like you want to post again doesn't it? Think about the havoc some Troll could inflict upon this board by clicking every down thumb on every post. Riots anyone? 'Hub
              no HUB...you mean they took the cocaine out?? LOL!!! shoot!

yes, what a waste of time and of course some troll is most likely responsible. and i have had a few as indicated by some of my postings.

certainly now they have the freedom to just click away at the "thumbs" down icon. i understand we are ALL entitled to our own opinions...but be open about it and don't be sneaky...that's what i feel like it was...i couldn't be face to face this person.

but seriously i gave it approx. 2 minutes of my "thought" time and moved on by it...since it was silly. funny how we react when someone says we did something "good" as opposed to when we have been naughty and are now perceived as "bad"...i think it's called "HUMAN NATURE"...??

and ironically...or maybe NOT so....the "bad" ones came all in a role seconds apart......so most likely clicked by the same troll....
              Last edited by tobee43; 09-24-2010, 05:52 AM. Reason: TYPO's R ME

Comment

Now seriously, when you got PMed that you had a "bad" post, how did that make you feel?
                and here I thought I was the only one who got the "bad" rating? Damn, I thought I was special LOL!!!!

*scoots over on the "bad" bench* Tobee... 'Hub... saved ya seats!

Comment

Yes, and each PM has to be answered separately to remove them from the queue. A Troll picking through all the posts could lock this board up and stop posting responses for a long time. Sooner or later, this will become tiring and people will just give it up. I don't think you have to even be registered to read and click here. 'Hub

Comment

and here I thought I was the only one who got the "bad" rating? Damn, I thought I was special LOL!!!!

LOL!! pandora...actually i PREFER YOUR WAY...you just knocked me and rocked me out there and laid it straight on the line...

we got off to a bumpy start, i know...but at the LEAST you were up front with it....and MOST certain entiled.... and i soooo much more totally respect and appreciate that! than a click in the "dark"..... (and maybe JUST maybe you may have had some validity to your view....)....LOL!!!!

Comment

OK, I helped you out and gave you one more bad rating. I wonder if you will get an award for the most 'bads' listed. Can you see on your machine "0 out of 1 didn't like your post?" If so, then how many people will feel humiliated about this? 'Hub
                      Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 09-24-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                        LOL!! pandora...actually i PREFER YOUR WAY...you just knocked me and rocked me out there and laid it straight on the line...

we got off to a bumpy start...
                        Yes we did but I honestly didnt mean it in a bad way "back then"..it was merely an observation from a professional standpoint, nothing more, nothing less. Its hard to tell monotone on a computer screen - but you certainly let me have it and know your thoughts on my view. You're entitled to that and I respected it then and now - just found it funny you thought I was "stalking" you - Noooope .

FWIW - my mom always said my mouth and outspokenness got me in trouble growing up - its just who I am. Guess that's why I got grounded so much eh?

'Hub - I didnt have to answer any PM - I just got a notification saying # such and such was "bad" - oddly enough, it was the exact thing Tobee and I are discussing now. How's THAT for irony?

Comment

OK, I helped you out and gave you one more bad rating. I wonder if you will get an award for the most 'bads' listed. Can you see on your machine "0 out of 1 didn't like your post?" If so, then how may people will feel humiliated about this? 'Hub
                          Gee..thanks (I think..?) Yeah, got the notice..but again it only says the post # and if I click it..it pulls up the post you rated. Doesnt say WHO gave me a "bad" rating however, and no place to respond to you. Are you saying you got actual PM's for your "baddies"? How odd

Comment

Pandora: Yes we did but I honestly didnt mean it in a bad way "back then"..it was merely an observation from a professional standpoint, nothing more, nothing less. Its hard to tell monotone on a computer screen - but you certainly let me have it and know your thoughts on my view. You're entitled to that and I respected it then and now - just found it funny you thought I was "stalking" you - Noooope .
                            oh the stalking thing since we r "clearing" up the air...was just my "defense" mechanism, me just being a smart butt....we are cut from the same mold i think personally...sorry...LOL!!

FWIW - my mom always said my mouth and outspokenness got me in trouble growing up - its just who I am. Guess that's why I got grounded so much eh?

nope...actually i like that about you!!!

LOVE FEST!! LOL
                            Last edited by tobee43; 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM.

Comment

OK, I helped you out and gave you one more bad rating. I wonder if you will get an award for the most 'bads' listed. Can you see on your machine "0 out of 1 didn't like your post?" If so, then how many people will feel humiliated about this? 'Hub
                              well i JUST neutralized it by giving you a thumbs up??? LOL!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X