Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and frequent posters.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New and frequent posters.

    I have had some personal feedback about posts that were many and redundant. I took study of theirs and of my own posts.

    Here are my thoughts: First, unless rules are broken, frequent posters to me are no problem at all.

    Those who respond to everything, unless they violate rules, can be overlooked. There is more to this Forum than just pseudo-legal, opinion, and experience. I call it 'cathartic". Some people just need to 'air' their frustrations, or are lonely, and this could be the healthiest way of doing that.

    It is my opinion that the new 'improvements' with the bars and graphs and achievement awards and whatnot, are counterproductive. I have stated so many times that I object to it.

    Those posters who are attempting to make "points" or post numbers, it is not their faults, it is the fault of this 'new and improved' site to do just that. Again, I don't like it, but I'm not the engineer of this train.

    Comments to tell a person 'good luck', 'best to you', here is your 'hamsters' in essence technically have no real meaning. BUT, to wish one well and 'Grats' can also be most helpful.

    The system to encourage posts just may be being noticed in it's purpose. I suggest a re-think on these 'rewards, bars, and achievements. Posting counts are fine and not really an issue.

    It is my opinion. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

    #2
    If a certain poster rubs another poster the wrong way, just put that certain poster on your "ignore list" by clicking on that poster's name, clicking "view profile", and then clicking "add to ignore list". Then you won't be able to read any more of their postings.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      I have had some personal feedback about posts that were many and redundant. I took study of theirs and of my own posts.

      Here are my thoughts: First, unless rules are broken, frequent posters to me are no problem at all.

      Those who respond to everything, unless they violate rules, can be overlooked. There is more to this Forum than just pseudo-legal, opinion, and experience. I call it 'cathartic". Some people just need to 'air' their frustrations, or are lonely, and this could be the healthiest way of doing that.

      It is my opinion that the new 'improvements' with the bars and graphs and achievement awards and whatnot, are counterproductive. I have stated so many times that I object to it.

      Those posters who are attempting to make "points" or post numbers, it is not their faults, it is the fault of this 'new and improved' site to do just that. Again, I don't like it, but I'm not the engineer of this train.

      Comments to tell a person 'good luck', 'best to you', here is your 'hamsters' in essence technically have no real meaning. BUT, to wish one well and 'Grats' can also be most helpful.

      The system to encourage posts just may be being noticed in it's purpose. I suggest a re-think on these 'rewards, bars, and achievements. Posting counts are fine and not really an issue.

      It is my opinion. 'Hub
      first i'm certain you opinion isn't based on the fact that my necklace is so beautiful!!???? LOL!!!!!!!!! i know this is NOT directed at me personally, but there are a few that apparently on more in the day and some more at night that post more than others.

      i just talk a lot! ... personally...and although sometimes people post appear redundant it is be cause they are. many newer member have questions that have been answered many times prior to their arrival, therefore, one may see them over and over and OVER...(just check out the archives!)

      i have found my posts number increase on the days i have one....(remember after all i AM the #1 spammer here)...but do not like nor appreciate "empty" words either.

      wasn't laz going to give this "new" approach a month or so??

      i have to be really honest here.....frankly, i don't even notice them ....the other thing i notice is the occasional slow down of the site and i know it's AWARDS time......actually, i wonder how the stats are going with this.
      Last edited by tobee43; 11-01-2010, 07:39 AM. Reason: typos r me
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by keepinitreal View Post
        If a certain poster rubs another poster the wrong way, just put that certain poster on your "ignore list" by clicking on that poster's name, clicking "view profile", and then clicking "add to ignore list". Then you won't be able to read any more of their postings.
        good or great point keepinitreal...the longer i'm on this site, of course on occasion, one may have a tendency to rub someone the "wrong" way...i just found that little button and am most appreciative of it. you can't be "friends"....(of course you will lose a point of two...or maybe even an icon)...with everyone. some people just like to get your goat so the best advise is to ignore them...unless it's a very "bad" situation.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          first i'm certain you opinion isn't based on the fact that my necklace is so beautiful!!???? LOL!!!!!!!!! i know this is NOT directed at me personally, but there are a few that apparently on more in the day and some more at night that post more than others. NO. No one pointed at personally only generally. In a PM that is what the term means "Personal Message". However my necklace is much larger.

          i just talk a lot! ... personally...and although sometimes people post appear redundant it is be cause they are. many newer member have questions that have been answered many times prior to their arrival, therefore, one may see them over and over and OVER...(just check out the archives!) I agree (no not about you talking too much) that of course the same questions come up. The same stress and fear does too. People here need first aid, TLC, as well as info. Even people who do post here, I have known many who are/were in ill health and this place was the only outside to the World they had. After all, how many times can you say "Your 341 will go fine". How many times? EVERY time it is necessary.

          i have found my posts number increase on the days i have one....(remember after all i AM the #1 spammer here)...but do not like nor appreciate "empty" words either. I like corn beef in the can. Spam makes me burp. There are many posts that actually have no real information. For instance one word posts. "Congratulations". Now in the right context, what is wrong with that? I find myself in a fine line at times for my own political views. I've had some warnings on that myself, but it is me, and the way I feel. My opinion is "pass me by if you don't like my posts. Don't read them".

          wasn't laz going to give this "new" approach a month or so?? So I've heard. I believe we are stuck with the toys. It's obvious purpose is to inspire more activity, yet I got two PM's by old time posting friends who post away themselves. I think when a "NEWBIE" comes on, with really good info, and pretty good logic, some of the "OLDIES" get a bit threatened. My opinion. This happens when be get a few good lawyers here.

          i have to be really honest here.....frankly, i don't even notice them ....the other thing i notice is the occasional slow down of the site and i know it's AWARDS time......actually, i wonder how the stats are going with this. There is a stat page that will give you a run down by every poster. I'm not sure how I got there and refuse to use it. I don't like pitting one good poster against another. It ruins the quality of each advisement.
          It is my opinion as mentioned above, that unless rules are broken, for whatever reason a "often" poster wishes to post all day and all night, if that person sticks mainly to the subject of that forum subject and gives information accuracy to the best of their ability, everyone should be able to contribute all they want and can. If I had more free time, I love this forum so much, my posts would be double what they are now. Unfortunately, I have repairs that are time sensitive and my health may be time sensitive as well. IF I find myself physically not able to build my house, you can bet I'll be here posting away. 'Hub
          Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 11-01-2010, 09:05 AM.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

          Comment


            #6
            I never pay attention to the "charms" near the names. I don't get it or care to get it...lol

            I am guilty of "needing my hand held" during this bk process. I'm actually having one of my "crazy" moments as I type this...lol

            Anyway I am forever greatful to everyone who has helped me with advice or held my hand since I've joined.
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              It is my opinion as mentioned above, that unless rules are broken, for whatever reason a "often" poster wishes to post all day and all night, if that person sticks mainly to the subject of that forum subject and gives information accuracy to the best of their ability, everyone should be able to contribute all they want and can. If I had more free time, I love this forum so much, my posts would be double what they are now. Unfortunately, I have repairs that are time sensitive and my health may be time sensitive as well. IF I find myself physically not able to build my house, you can bet I'll be here posting away. 'Hub

              ahhhhhhh...hub...first about you health...i hope all continues to improve...on a personal note in this house we are just beginning to recoup from my 4 year illness....and of COURSE i just ripped one of my minuses...(for the 5th time)....so i'm personally pretty much "stuck" and can't wait to start running again... so i hope all goes well for you.

              i also think, for me, anyway...it's so important to have the "play in forward" attitudes...as redundant as many of the questions are for some of us, that see them time and time again we must be mindful that for the OP it's a stressful time and many times their first question. so, i believe they deserve the same time and effort as best one can possibly provide....and i know you do as well...(i know i'm basically fairly new myself...but it may surprise you to know i actually lurked over a year before taking the dive in).

              and come on...you are absolutely jealous of my pretty necklace......you know it...but i will lend it out to your lady to wear on friday if you take her out to dinner......JUST JOKING...i do mean it when i say, i can care less about prizes..i'm too old and tired to get excited about that...until it's a 100 mil lottery win...
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                I never pay attention to the "charms" near the names. I don't get it or care to get it...lol

                I am guilty of "needing my hand held" during this bk process. I'm actually having one of my "crazy" moments as I type this...lol

                Anyway I am forever greatful to everyone who has helped me with advice or held my hand since I've joined.
                i feel the same way...although i suffered basically in "silence" as i really didn't feel comfortable until after our ordeal was over...then i felt as tho i could contribute more...although looking back i wished i had asked more then i actually needed the direct answers as opposed to lurking about and finding them..
                Last edited by tobee43; 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

                Comment


                  #9
                  Oh My Goodness! I love the way everyone encourages each other on this forum while sharing their personal experience and knowledge. I don't really care about the bars or the graphs. And often I get a good chuckle from some of the good old timers around here and this has NOT been an easy experience to laugh through. I have EVERYONE here to thank for help keeping me sane. Through good and bad, it's nice to have a forum of people who understand the complexities and sometimes small but welcome victories. Dance anyone?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by cantbreathe View Post
                    Oh My Goodness! I love the way everyone encourages each other on this forum while sharing their personal experience and knowledge. I don't really care about the bars or the graphs. And often I get a good chuckle from some of the good old timers around here and this has NOT been an easy experience to laugh through. I have EVERYONE here to thank for help keeping me sane. Through good and bad, it's nice to have a forum of people who understand the complexities and sometimes small but welcome victories. Dance anyone?
                    You have defined the whole meaning to my lengthy preamble to this thread. Thank you so very much. Mrs. says at times, "I am of many words, but little meaning". LOL.

                    We are not here JUST to help in our experiences and we know we are not qualified for certified legal advice. Our stories are all we can give. BUT, at times when a person is really "down" or stressed out, a bit of a kind word can go along way. We "so called" old timers, are here for one very good reason. That is to pay back for what we were given. We all have been "uninformed, worried, stressed, and depressed". We got our first aid. While learning stuff en-route, we pick up help here and there. When we see a person asking the same question we did and our answer made us feel good, it is essential to tell it to the "newer" person.

                    Once "out of the woods" with our discharge, we don't feel like "WE know it all". We feel appreciative and go back to help those where we once came.

                    On another thought. There are others who not only love to help others (as I am guilty of, with pride) and that is purely selfish as it make ME feel good, but some need the conversational aspect for themselves and that same "selfish" feeling of doing a good deed.

                    Thank you for your observation and condensing the meaning of this thread into few words. I sure wish I had your talent. (Mrs. does too.) 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                      I'm actually having one of my "crazy" moments as I type this...lol.
                      I like it when you get crazy, Freddy. You make me laugh!
                      There are two secrets for success in life:
                      1.) Never tell everything you know.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I am on the computer most of the day, all day for my job and for my sideline hobbies. I bring a computer to the cafe, use my iphone, and have multiple windows open when I am doing anything, so it is very easy for me to check this board frequently while going about my day. I have stayed on the board and continued to post because I really don't have time to go volunteer physically anywhere, and this allows me to give back in a way that I can. I also still learn a lot from this board.

                        Whenever there are rewards for frequent posts, there are going to be more spam posts, but so what. Most boards have far more spam posts than this board does. I have been on boards where people will post one smiley as a post and then ten people will also do the same. You will have to scroll through the thread for 4 pages before you get to anything of relevance to the original question. That does not happen here in my opinion.
                        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Well as a uber-newbie (aka oober-noober, and you can quote me on that), I'm now scratching my head hoping my early posts weren't annoying or overly redundant. I mean, I figure there's some redundancy because we're all kinda here for the same thing.

                          So the thing is, I fall into the category of "Really Messed Up Chick" because I happen to be bipolar and agoraphobic. Which basically means I don't just join a forum and start talking to people I don't know. I guess I'm kind of a lurker by nature these days. Now, my whole point in even mentioning that is not to let the whole world know I'm mostly-crazy. Y'all can probably figure that out for yourselves anyway.

                          The POINT is, this forum is amazingly welcoming. Part of it is the incredible advice that people can share. Part of it is the humor that squeaks its way into an otherwise miserable topic, reminding us all that the world is not ending. And part of it is the selfless support. Even when there's no easy answer to a question a little bit of "hang in there" and "good luck" goes a long way. The fact that people stop and reward the hard-won successes of total strangers with a hampster dance is great! It is so cool to think that the words that get typed into one person's screen can lift someone out of the darkness on the other side of the country. Different things resonate for different people. Maybe one day we need a bit of humor, the next a bit of objective logic, and then some words of support after that. Every little bit helps.
                          OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Peeps View Post
                            Well as a uber-newbie (aka oober-noober, and you can quote me on that), I'm now scratching my head hoping my early posts weren't annoying or overly redundant. I mean, I figure there's some redundancy because we're all kinda here for the same thing.

                            So the thing is, I fall into the category of "Really Messed Up Chick" because I happen to be bipolar and agoraphobic. Which basically means I don't just join a forum and start talking to people I don't know. I guess I'm kind of a lurker by nature these days. Now, my whole point in even mentioning that is not to let the whole world know I'm mostly-crazy. Y'all can probably figure that out for yourselves anyway.

                            The POINT is, this forum is amazingly welcoming. Part of it is the incredible advice that people can share. Part of it is the humor that squeaks its way into an otherwise miserable topic, reminding us all that the world is not ending. And part of it is the selfless support. Even when there's no easy answer to a question a little bit of "hang in there" and "good luck" goes a long way. The fact that people stop and reward the hard-won successes of total strangers with a hampster dance is great! It is so cool to think that the words that get typed into one person's screen can lift someone out of the darkness on the other side of the country. Different things resonate for different people. Maybe one day we need a bit of humor, the next a bit of objective logic, and then some words of support after that. Every little bit helps.
                            well peeps...i for one have been somewhat laxed in telling you how nice it is to see you here...so a late welcome to you!......PLUS your advatar is the funniest think i have even seen. ( i really would love to STEAL from you) but i'll wait to you aren't looking...it really is so creative

                            additionally the fact, is i have been loving the few post that you have contributed!....i'll be watching your train..
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Whew - thanks! I was a bit worried about being an annoying and redundant noob. Because I probably am. But at least the peeps have a redeeming quality about them. You're welcome to steal, borrow, or just take them out for walks anytime you want. Just don't let them get wet.
                              OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X