Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with the site

Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found

I have getting this error this morning when I click on a post or try to go to a post from my email. Sometimes if I go back one screen the post will pop up and I can read it.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

I had that problem in the past when I logged in with Internet Explorer...if you log in with Mozilla Firefox, the problem is eliminated....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Actually the problem was still there when I used FF and Chrome. I tried both. Anyway, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I'm not having any more problems.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

When you go back a screen you are not looking at the site unless you do a refresh. You are looking at the cashed image. A DNS error could be your service provider, a bad router in transit, or the site itself. DNS is "Dynamic Naming Service" that is "remembered" through routers in transit. It is what changes all web traffic from an IP number to a near readable text. Like BKforum.com is a number like 192.168.1.123. (Not that number but looks similar). The browser should really have nothing to do with fixing the problem.

Remember, we just came out of a 13 day "misfortune" of some kind that we will probably never know, so the site may still be suffering some difficulty. 'Hub

EDIT: If you wish to know what your own IP number looks like, type in "IPchicken.com" and your IP will be displayed. If you wish to know other's numbers go to "whois" (many will come up) and type the DSN name such as "Microsoft.com" and the IP number will be translated for you. Also the owner and site origin unless cloaked.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

When this site was redone last year, what the OP indicates they experienced occurred with me and was experienced by several others according to past postings. I could not navigate the site with Internet Explorer because exactly what the OP describes occurred to me. If I log into this site with Mozilla Firefox, I have no issues whatsoever - only using IE. I have not had the problem since as I stopped using IE to log in. The error message also provides information on what to do to remedy the situation if I recall correctly but we could not find what it stated to remove (toolbar related) so I am assuming this error is not site related.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

As I previously posted when I got the error I did log on with both FF and Chrome. I had the same issue using those browsers. I don't believe it was browser related. As it is now I had problems for about 3 hours and then it resolved itself. I've had no problems since.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X