Reminiscing About My First Time Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminiscing About My First Time Here

Hi all. I just read my first post here on 8/1/2010. I remember I was panicking that night. I now see my typographical and grammatical errors. LOL. Anyway, I'll admit that my eyes got a little watery just now. I was welcomed with open arms and warm friendly advice. Here I am now 2 years later in a much much much better place. Flamingo was the first one who responded to my post, then other wonderful people followed thereafter. Now here I am advising others because of my experience. I can't say thank you enough.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Hi Drowning. Thank you for sharing this with us, and thank you for sticking around to help the ones coming on board.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
      Here I am now 2 years later in a much much much better place. .
      That is one thing that new people need to understand. When people come here, many/most are desperate with their backs against the wall and not knowing where to turn.

This forum is and has been a life-saver to a lot of people.

The difference in perspective two years later is absolutely amazing........
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

It is, indeed. Frogger, I'm just seeing your location "Inside Pandora's Box." *Shaking my head* LOL.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Drowning - you just said what many of us felt when we were first starting out down the BK brick road I too echo your sentiments... (big ol' squishy hugs to everyone)

And....psst...I got frogger locked in the box...(points to avatar) LOL

Comment

Thanks for your post drowning, I'm in the thick of it now and can't tell you how many times the last few days DH and I have said, "we'll look back on all this one day and smile...right?" The pool of experts plus the people that have gone through the same thing here is amazing...much good karma to you all! Looking forward to sharing my experiences with others too when it's all over.
            BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Originally posted by stray View Post
              Thanks for your post drowning, I'm in the thick of it now and can't tell you how many times the last few days DH and I have said, "we'll look back on all this one day and smile...right?" The pool of experts plus the people that have gone through the same thing here is amazing...much good karma to you all! Looking forward to sharing my experiences with others too when it's all over.
              You're quite welcome. Things can only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                Hi all. I just read my first post here on 8/1/2010. I remember I was panicking that night. . . I'll admit that my eyes got a little watery just now. I was welcomed with open arms and warm friendly advice. Here I am now 2 years later in a much much much better place. . . Now here I am advising others because of my experience.
                Now, that just brought a small tear to my eyes and a smile on my face.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                  That is one thing that new people need to understand. When people come here, many/most are desperate with their backs against the wall and not knowing where to turn.

This forum is and has been a life-saver to a lot of people.

The difference in perspective two years later is absolutely amazing........
                  So true!

To all of those people coming here for the first time, just hang in there. It does get better.

My life is so much better than it was in 2005.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

We joined right around the same time. I'm forever greatful for this board and it's members!
                    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I am nearing the end of my 5 yrs. I can honestly say at times it was tough but know that it does get better. I am so thankful for this forum.
                      Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
                      Case Confirmed 12/10/07
                      59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X