This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BornAgain View Post
    go out and get the post I wrote where I actually wrote something to hurt MichiganMan's feelings. Yeah. Please. Find it for me -- heck all of us. Search for my name, it'll bring up all my posts. Have a quick look and then copy-paste it here. Go on. We'll wait. Shouldn't take long. (If such a post exists.)
    coralfang, MichiganMan*, ... We're waiting here. Come on guys -- it's put up or shut up time!

Comment

I was late on my son's loan and when they called I told the lady that I decided to pay late because he did not learn anything.

She laughed and I sent the payment.
      Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

Three days after my BK closed I received a statement of when my next payment was due for my student loans. Yes, I included them in BK. However, they were not discharged and yes it was Wells Fargo. 30K

HHM.. post is right on the money

Comment

Originally posted by BornAgain View Post
          Okay. That's your opinion. Fortunately mine is just as valid. Please, let's not get going on the right/wrong thing again.

Also FYI, it's not okay to go around pointing out answers you 'believe' are "wrong". I can accept that; can you?
          Actually, I think it is absolutely OK to point out your bad advice when it can and will do harm to whomever reads it and follows it. And I will point out bad advice as I see fit. I have very little respect for your opinion and no matter how often you chose to flood this forum with your "advice", if I feel that your "advice" may do harm to a fellow member, I will excercise my right as a member to post accordingly.

I will not stoop to the immature tactics you use, but will post advice that I believe to be true to the best of my knowledge

You gave bad advice, I posted to inform any further readers that your bad advice in this particular instance could cause harm if followed.

My advice was supported by the Federal BK code and prodecure used by the Fed Govt when a SL goes into default or is late. All this info is readily available on the internet if you should choose to search for it.

You don't pay your SL, a negative entry is placed on your CR for 7 years if you are over 30 days late. Don't pay it for 270 days, you are in default , subject to collection fees, wage garnishment and federal tax offset.

SL are not discharged by default in BK, hardship must be proved through an AP brought on by the debtor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
            I was late on my son's loan and when they called I told the lady that I decided to pay late because he did not learn anything.

She laughed and I sent the payment.
            LOL no really I am laughing out loud! You crack me up.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
              dingdong,

I've given some thought to how to respond to what you've written. On reflection I understand that the failing is mine. Here's what I've decided to say:

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry that I thought the way to improve the quality of advice was to criticize.

I'm sorry that I thought the way to have people see that I had a legitimate concern was to use sarcasm and some sort of reverse-logic. (I purposely posted a couple "obviously wrong advice" posts. SL are now discharged because of Obama; and one you missed -- it's not important to be on time to the 341.)

I was being as immature as I felt everyone else was being. Ironic huh?

Anyway, the kind woman with the OTR husband challenged me to be better than I was being. I decided I better grow up in how I was acting.

I am sorry for my behavior. I apologize to you, and the board, and hope you can forgive me.

What I've been doing -- you called it flooding the board with "advice" is a kind of 'making it up'. Having decided that the way to improve the board that I think is so important is to contribute, not criticize. I've posted a bunch of answers to people whom I can help. Technical answers as well as supportive and encouraging answers. They've all been genuine and they've all been accurate.

Oh, and I threw in some humor too: some really old posts, like the guy who wrote, "I need help immediately!!!" in 2004 and nobody answered him. It was subtle humor but if you read the post you'll see it. MichiganMan thought I was trying to boost my post count.

MichiganMan is probably a nice guy, but he's mistaken that I insulted him or his posts. MichiganMan was right on when others with higer post counts were wrong and somehow he got that twisted around and thinks I disparaged him for his low post count and poor advice. He won't hear any different, and he may not forgive me. I can't do anything about that.

Anyway. Your heart may be hardened against me. That's something I can accept. But please don't impugn my efforts to genuinely contribute helpful posts to this valuable board. Read without presupposed condemnation they stand on their own as accurate and helpful.

Fair well, dingdong.

PS. If you are really going to hunt down my every false post, I think there were three. I can remember the two I mentioned but I think there's a third out there. Don't worry though -- I made them so obviously wrong. Beyond those that I made before I "grew up", I am careful to post only stuff I know is right (As I rallied for earlier.)

dingdong, what do you say?

_

Comment

This thread has gotton off topic, has run its course and is being closed. If there are issues, please use the PM function and do not hijack an original poster's thread with off topic arguments.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X