341 in the books today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in the books today

I had my 341 today. It was a painless experience for me, but I can't say that's true for everyone. The lady before me was a Pro Se (like I am), but she didn't do her homework very well beforehand. She apparently had $3500 sitting in a bank account that wasn't exempt before she filed. The trustee told this poor lady probably barely has a pot to piss in that she must turn it over to distribute to her creditors. I hope she goes and finds a lawyer rather than just giving in. It almost sounded like her situation wasn't that bad she could have delayed filing for quite a while.

Then I was next. Everything was very straightforward. The only real surprises were a question about any cars I owned in the previous 12 months, and something about some sporting goods I claimed to own (they're basically not worth much--I don't even remember how I came to the figure I put on the form.) It seemed like the few lawyers in the room were pretty impressed that I had apparently prepared the entire case myself and managed to save my house and car in the process.

The trustee was very nice to everyone, but there's no doubt who's side she is on. I get the feeling that the recent rash of bankruptcies is starting to take a toll on them. She reminded me to do my 2nd credit counseling asap.

Guess I'm in the 60 day club now.

Originally posted by qsr View Post
    I had my 341 today. It was a painless experience for me, but I can't say that's true for everyone. The lady before me was a Pro Se (like I am), but she didn't do her homework very well beforehand. She apparently had $3500 sitting in a bank account that wasn't exempt before she filed. The trustee told this poor lady probably barely has a pot to piss in that she must turn it over to distribute to her creditors. I hope she goes and finds a lawyer rather than just giving in. It almost sounded like her situation wasn't that bad she could have delayed filing for quite a while.

Then I was next. Everything was very straightforward. The only real surprises were a question about any cars I owned in the previous 12 months, and something about some sporting goods I claimed to own (they're basically not worth much--I don't even remember how I came to the figure I put on the form.) It seemed like the few lawyers in the room were pretty impressed that I had apparently prepared the entire case myself and managed to save my house and car in the process.

The trustee was very nice to everyone, but there's no doubt who's side she is on. I get the feeling that the recent rash of bankruptcies is starting to take a toll on them. She reminded me to do my 2nd credit counseling asap.

Guess I'm in the 60 day club now.
    Hey! That last statement says it all. She is also on our side. You know, the American people under this economy. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X