Can my mortgage payment be late once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can my mortgage payment be late once?

Guys I cannot tell you how tight it is, everything in the universe hit me this month, actually the last couple months. Do you think it will be ok to be a week or so on my mortgage payment? Will I see negatives if that happens? Will it flag trustee at all? Just trying to juggle until next pay period! Thank you!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

dmc-2008 so long as you're within the "grace" period, I don't think it will matter. Before I get on my soap box, please understand that I believe that you have been a real trooper and deserve some "grace" (pun intended).

Now, if you find that you need to do this a second time consecutively, or otherwise find yourself regularly using the grace period, then something is about to give. I can't even count on my fingers and toes how many times I used such grace periods (including waiting until the "29th" day before it gets "reported" late) only to just keep digging my hole deeper. I don't write anything in this paragraph directly to you, but to help others that find themselves in a similar spot.

These are my opinions. It may not be the best opinion for someone with different circumstances.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you Just, i totally appreciate your reply. I have not been late and October is year 3. Honestly I don't even know what the grace period is. Maybe that is on the statement?

This is my kids junior year and man its expensive. They even wanted her to get a 200.00 calculater! What??? I found a used one for 50.00. Cat got sick, etc!

Thank goodness there are three paychecks this month!

Comment

PS my cats name is Gracie ! "Grace"! ;-)

Comment

Standard mortgage (but check your statement). . .

Payment due on the 1st, considered "late" if not received by the 15th. If late must include the late fee.

Des.

Comment

Hi DMC,

My mortgage is paid on my own too. The bank bk contact told me, there would be a late fee if paid after the 15th, however it if's paid before the last day of the month, it is not technically late and wouldn't be reported to the credit bureaus, trustee, etc. It's something you try not to do and hopefully only a one time thing. Goo luck...the end is getting closer.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on Grace! I decided if I have to juggle I think I will be a couple days late on HOA. I was in the board until recently and will let mgmt company know. So I think that is safest route!

The last couple of months insane and I am just hoping that I can catch back up!!!

Pretty sure I can barring any unforeseen issues. Car repair and hair can wait! It's such a juggling act! Getting good at it! Hopefully! Gah!!!

Thank you!

Comment

I've been paying my mortgage between 1-20 days late during most of my 13 and nothing negative has happened yet. In fact, I'm hoping this lateness will persuade my lender to grant my request for modification.

Comment

Switch I hope it works for you too!

Comment

So scared! I mailed my payment at the post office on the 7th and it still hasnt posted the check to my acct!!! I am so late now! I hope this does not draw attn of trustee!!! This is not grounds for dismissal right?

Comment

So scared! I mailed my payment at the post office on the 7th and it still hasnt posted the check to my acct!!! I am so late now! I hope this does not draw attn of trustee!!! This is not grounds for dismissal right?

Comment

DMC - don't panic. Call you bank and let them know the payment was sent and how long you should wait before expediting another payment to them/ Can they pull it out of your account if there is an issue? As I mentioned in my earlier post as long as it makes it before the end of the end of the month you should be fine. Unless you fall behind (my bank said by 3 months)....it would not be reported to the trustee.
                        Sounds like you're having another when it rains it pours situation..i'm so sorry.
                        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Just checked, it still hasn't posted! Well I did not include a late charge as I thought it would make it! Now what? Is that late charge going to sit there and incur fees and hit me at the end? Is the trustee and bank going to audit me? I am probably freaking out for one reason? I am in so cal. Thank you!

Comment

Just call the bank and ask the questions about the late fee charge. And stop worrying about the trustee..it's not going to them for this 1 late payment/
                            You're making the problem worse than it is..IN YOUR MIND!!!!
                            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Just now I looked (was not going to do it until Monday) but it hit! Whew! Thanks for talking me off the ledge! Xoxo

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X