All 60 Plan Payments Made!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 60 Plan Payments Made!

We received a letter from our trustee yesterday (June 10, 2011) that his audit of our plan is completed and confirms all 60 of our plan payments have been received. At last after five l-o-n-g years, it's surreal to finally say out loud, "WE ARE DONE MAKING MONTHLY CH 13 PAYMENTS AND WE DON'T HAVE TO MAKE ANY MORE!!"

The trustee's letter also said that we had to file a Motion for Discharge Due to Plan Completion, so we spoke to our lawyer yesterday and he's going to put that together next week. We'll sign the motion, he'll file it with our local bk court, and then our creditors will all be notified they have 21 days to object to our discharge.

The trustee's office and our lawyer both told us that creditor objections rarely happen at this point, but we're prepared in case it does happen. If no creditor objects, once the 21 days are over we'll receive our discharge letter from the court and we'll officially be done.

No dancing chipmunks yet, Angelina Cat and Hub, but it's really close! Please get 'em warmed up and ready to go!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Whoo hoo! Congrats Lrprn - I'm jealous... ;) We have 42 more to go... *sighs*....

Comment

Yay!! I have had a "siggy watch" on you since I first joined. I am so impressed and happy for you!!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Okay. They will be ready!!!! Congratulations!!!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats!!!
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

WOW congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I am SO excited for you!! Isn't that the best feeling? Loved getting that letter and seeing the finish line finally!!
                Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

i'm so impressed with ANYONE that can make it through a 13!!!! congrats and what an inspiration for others!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats! I've followed your posts and have learned a lot...(love the sunflower too, my parents came from Kansas!) We have a little less than 2 years to go; lots of challenges but haven't regretted filing. Let us know how the final days go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                        We received a letter from our trustee yesterday (June 10, 2011) that his audit of our plan is completed and confirms all 60 of our plan payments have been received. At last after five l-o-n-g years, it's surreal to finally say out loud, "WE ARE DONE MAKING MONTHLY CH 13 PAYMENTS AND WE DON'T HAVE TO MAKE ANY MORE!!"

The trustee's letter also said that we had to file a Motion for Discharge Due to Plan Completion, so we spoke to our lawyer yesterday and he's going to put that together next week. We'll sign the motion, he'll file it with our local bk court, and then our creditors will all be notified they have 21 days to object to our discharge.

The trustee's office and our lawyer both told us that creditor objections rarely happen at this point, but we're prepared in case it does happen. If no creditor objects, once the 21 days are over we'll receive our discharge letter from the court and we'll officially be done.

No dancing chipmunks yet, Angelina Cat and Hub, but it's really close! Please get 'em warmed up and ready to go!
                        Great news, congrats!

And your posts here are very much appreciated!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Good for you

Congratulations!!!!!!! It must feel wonderful to know that this 60 month repayment is over

And you are helpful as ever - I have 7 months left and your summary of what happens at the end was very informative. Thank you!

Comment

Yahoo! Congratulations! We are nearing the END too--I can't wait
                              Chapter 13 Filed: 2/7/07 Confirmed: 5/1/07 Discharged: 3/2/2012 Closed: 6/2/2012
                              130 out of 130 bi-weekly payments DONE
                              100% Completed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X