top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many posts about "how can I screw the bank or my credit card company?"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
    Don't be angry at people who live in states that have a lower unemployment rate than yours. Is that what this is about? You're angry at people who still have a job but ended up in bankruptcy? Let's see. . . how about they have expenses, which is where their salary goes every month? There are so many situations why people who still have a job file for bankruptcy. Unless you speak to each and everyone of them, you can't sit there on your high miniature pony and preach that only the sick, unemployed and spouseless are eligible for bankruptcy. How do multimillion dollar corporations end up in bankruptcy? Were they sick, injured, couldn't work or lost a spouse's income?
    Still not answering my question....

YOU are not a corporation YOU are a person. INCOME is the reason a person files for BK, not able to cover the bills, but for some reason you disagree. You make is seem that there is another reason but won't say what it is. You make it like I'm the bad guy for saying what I think, what to me make sence as to why we file for BK. Is this a forun of free speach or follow what we say? Maybe I misspoken by saying a lot of post. I have other things to do besides read posts all day everyday. But the ones I did read were giving advise that would extend someones problems.
    I'm not flip flopping about moving out. It takes 4-5 months for the bank to get the house back. Your BK covers the foreclosure after they take the house so, after they get the house then move out. I never said move out before. You can do cash for keys and get money to move out.

I'm not sad about my life and I'm not judging you or anyone else on what their life is like and the things they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee View Post
      This happened to us, too. Never a late payment and our interest rates jumped from 9-12% to 27-40%. When I called the banks to ask why, I was told..............wait for it.................."Because we can"!!! Minimum monthly payments doubled and tripled. Went from paying around $500/mo to over $1300/mo on cc's!
      us too dee
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
        There are many reasons for "screwing the banks" (might I add you screwed them also)

1. People getting mortgages that they could not afford but were lead to believe they could.
        2. Insurance rates trippled. Do you know that at my job if I were to elect insurance coverage for my family of 4 I would take home $166!! It cost $578 a WEEK for insurance at my place of employment! Not to mention that comes with a $4000 family deductible!
        3. Credit card rates trippled at to no fault of the user.
        4. Over-time is non exisiting.

I'm sure there are more. It still does not give you the right to judge ANYONE!

#1 happened to me too... The mortgage broker led me to believe that I was going to be paying $400 less than the figure I didn't see until the closing table. Then when I asked about it she said I could afford it "she'd seen my finances." IDK about you all, but I was 20 years old and a single mom. Predatory lending is the lowest form of evil.
        Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
        Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
        60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bkman2;463273]
          Originally posted by drowning123 View Post

What other categories do you have to file? Judge me all you want because I can see that YOU are one of thoes that are angry because to you its personal and don't understand why to them its business. I paid my bills until I didn't have a dime in the bank. I went from $85,000 a year to zero. I made $10,000 last year. This year I may clear $12,000. I don't feel bad for the banks because they have insurance and writeoffs to cover what I didn't pay but I'm also not angry at then for not seeing things my way. I'm angry at me for letting things go as long as they did before I filed. So go ahead and read between the lines and add me to the list of poeple you are mad at, I don't care because I filed to solve a business problem.
          I didn't even see this. Who's mad? You started it. Don't understand why to whom it's business? The banks? I see the root of the matter. So if you had known then what you know now like the rest of us do, maybe would have done things a little differently? Don't even know what point you're trying to make.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bkman2 View Post
            Still not answering my question....

YOU are not a corporation YOU are a person. INCOME is the reason a person files for BK, not able to cover the bills, but for some reason you disagree. You make is seem that there is another reason but won't say what it is. You make it like I'm the bad guy for saying what I think, what to me make sence as to why we file for BK. Is this a forun of free speach or follow what we say? Maybe I misspoken by saying a lot of post. I have other things to do besides read posts all day everyday. But the ones I did read were giving advise that would extend someones problems.
            I'm not flip flopping about moving out. It takes 4-5 months for the bank to get the house back. Your BK covers the foreclosure after they take the house so, after they get the house then move out. I never said move out before. You can do cash for keys and get money to move out.

I'm not sad about my life and I'm not judging you or anyone else on what their life is like and the things they are doing.

You are saying to move out right after discharge. You may need to read between your own lines.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bkman2 View Post
              You make it like I'm the bad guy for saying what I think, what to me make sence as to why we file for BK. Is this a forun of free speach or follow what we say? Maybe I misspoken by saying a lot of post.
              I don't recall this being the purpose of your original post. I think it was more along the lines of BKers trying to "screw" the bank or CC companies..? At least, that's what it says on my Mozilla title bar. Just sayin'.
              Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08

Comment

I'm confused - One post you say surrender your house and move out - then in the next you say stay until the foreclosure process is finished? Which one is it? You also say you don't blame the cc for wanting to get paid - but then you say you don't feel bad for banks not getting paid b/c they have insurance to cover it. Which one is it?
                Again I'm confused......LOL
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Somewhere along this post I think BKman forgot what point he was trying to make.

It's nothing personal.. We aren't seeking revenge and wanting to "screw" them like you'd want to "screw" an ex after a bad break-up. Sometimes you just have to look out for yourself. Don't you worry about them poor little bankies and CC companies, they have their writeoffs to keep them warm at night. They aren't losing any sleep over our misfortunes and someone staying in the home they made for as along as they can isn't a drop in the bucket to them.
                  Last edited by NowImDownInIt; 10-21-2010, 12:24 PM. Reason: Stupid confusing quote stuff.

Comment

Yea, BKman2, and didn't you do your fair share of screwing, too, by suddenly starting to file as "married, filing separately?" You strategized, alright. Anyway, you can respond or not. I'm done with this thread.

Comment

I love these type of posts "society owes me for not being late for 40 years"

I have never been convicted of anything, but I feel that everyone else owes me something.
                      I have not had a late payment for 150 years, so therefore i feel banks are obligated to owe me.
                      I do not do drugs, but feel the govt should ok pot, they owe me that much.

If you are the person that thinks other people owe you something, then grow up, nobody
                      owes you crap, nothing was given to me on a platter, then why should I feel for you?
                      no bank is obligated to grant you anything, and it does not matter if you have not
                      been late for 30-40 years, so what...this is not how they conduct business, and you know that...
                      they do not give a crap that you have been ontime for 50 years....unless you just happened
                      to sign their "owe me clause" I have been on time for 50 years, now that I am not, bank owes me...

No matter what you guys do over your lifetime, good, bad, on-time, late, it does not matter,
                      and no one owes you anything.

(1) stop being just as greedy as credit card companies.
                      (2) stop buying houses you knew you could not afford from the start.
                      (3) stop wanting worldly goods you know you can not afford.

Lets kill the credit compaines by paying them off, and never using them again.

Why do I have money in the bank, and you dont?

(1) I dont buy a new car every 3 years, instead, I buy used every 5
                      (2) I rent, so I am not obligated for anything else, I dont have to
                      worry about maintaining my lawn, I dont have to worry about the
                      state ripping me off by sending me excessive tax bills, and so on.
                      (3) I eat potatoes rather then steaks.
                      (4) Dumped all my credit cards by paying them off, then
                      continue to ignore them as they waste postage trying to
                      get me to come back...I tell them to go pound sand.

You owe it to your self, no one owes it to you, nor
                      does anyone owe you anything.
                      Last edited by dscurlock; 10-21-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dscurlock View Post
                        I love these type of posts "society owes me for not being late for 40 years"

I have never been convicted of anything, but I feel that everyone else owes me something.
                        I have not had a late payment for 150 years, so therefore i feel banks are obligated to owe me.

If you are the person that thinks other people owe you something, then grow up, nobody
                        owes you crap, nothing was given to me on a platter, then why should I feel for you?
                        no bank is obligated to grant you anything, and it does not matter if you have not
                        been late for 30-40 years, so what...this is not how they conduct business, and you know that...
                        they do not give a crap that you have been ontime for 50 years....unless you just happened
                        to sign their "owe me clause" I have been on time for 50 years, now that I am not, bank owes me...

No matter what you guys do over your lifetime, good, bad, on-time, late, it does not matter,

No one is saying "society owes me" and the last time I checked this was a bankruptcy forum. The orginal post refers to anyone who has not lost a job, sick or injured or divorce as "screwing the banks" well A LOT of us don't fit into those categories.

Everyone here posting is or has filed BK so we all "screwed the banks" whether we like it or not.
                        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

[QUOTE=dscurlock;463343]I love these type of posts "society owes me for not being late for 40 years"

Why do I have money in the bank, and you dont?

(1) I dont buy a new car every 3 years, instead, I buy used every 5
                          (2) I rent, so I am not obligated for anything else, I dont have to
                          worry about maintaining my lawn, I dont have to worry about the
                          state ripping me off by sending me excessive tax bills, and so on.
                          (3) I eat potatoes rather then steaks.
                          (4) Dumped all my credit cards by paying them off, then
                          continue to ignore them as they waste postage trying to
                          get me to come back...I tell them to go pound sand.

You owe it to your self, no one owes it to you, nor
                          does anyone owe you anything.[/
                          QUOTE]

Why do you post on a Bankruptcy Forum?????

Have you filed? All your post have nothing to do with BK?

Comment

Everyone here posting is or has filed BK so we all "screwed the banks" whether we like it or not.
                            You forget the "holier than thou" crowd that's only here to revel in their righteousness. Been plenty of those over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by NowImDownInIt View Post
                              This wins the award of favorite post of the day. ROFLCOPTER
                              glad to help a smile...but i'm not quite certain what a copter is???? LOL!!!!!

now i know what a snafu is......situation normal all fouled up.....or pita...pain in the ass...but you got me on the copter!!!
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                                glad to help a smile...but i'm not quite certain what a copter is???? LOL!!!!!

now i know what a snafu is......situation normal all fouled up.....or pita...pain in the ass...but you got me on the copter!!!
                                It's my very own little LOL... It means: rolling on floor laughing so hard that I am turning in a copter-blade-like fashion. :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X