Life in Washington - So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life in Washington - So Far

As I mentioned in a different thread's post, we have encountered some adverse stress during our now double relocation.
    I believe most of the blame for this is the natural result of a just discharged BK13 (having to rent a house too far from a very demanding but extremely high paying job and having to buy two used cars immediately after arriving in the state) and finding decent but elusive ART chiropractic care (due to a dozen serious Colorado injuries over 12 quite unpleasant years.)
    Since my husband sensed pretty quickly his job would not survive his daily two-hour commute, he snatched up a sprawling and unique rare "bargain" rental which only cost $125 more than the too far and too small HOA rambler and thereby improved our quality of life immensely with much more interior space, closer to better chiro choices and other amenities, a vast, almost 2-acre yard with abundant trees, privacy, visiting deer and other wildlife, and more importantly, a 20-25 minute commute for my exhausted husband who is still unpacking boxes and moving furniture, etc.
    The only downside is we are still on the hook for the first ranch's monthly rent until April 2023 if the house remains vacant until then. Thus, the worst-case scenario is we will lose some of our remaining savings, but we will live a fuller and happier life nonetheless and my husband shall remain employed.
    The Toyota and Mazda vehicles have been splendid choices so far (thanks to shipo 's sage advice) and we will never regret shedding those two awful Sentras.
    We look forward to finally getting to explore Seattle and beyond.
    On Monday, I will be attending my first foreign-language Meetup near our new location.

Sounds great Barbisi !!!!!
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Hopefully that first house rents quickly..rental market is great overall. I’m glad you’re both enjoying it in this state.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Barbisi sounds like you are getting to a good place and a new start.

Comment

Thank you, Carmella, sophieanne and 82! You guys get it that sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and take a short-term financial loss in order to come out ahead in the end.
          Granted, without the home sale proceeds, this double rent -paying wouldn't be possible from an income perspective, but these funds were intended to help us reclaim our future and improve our overall life.
          We both strongly feel without this proactive second relocation, Zombie13 would undoubtably face a sudden lay off, maybe as soon as before the end of the year.
          When unemployment is calculated into the equation, then even paying the Puyallup monthly rent becomes a scary proposition - if he remained jobless into, say, the Spring, our savings would be severely depleted by then. At least, this way the worst-case scenario still leaves us a good bit beyond his monthly six figure income.
          I certainly do not recommend frivolously moving twice and breaking a rental lease but in our situation saving a high paying job, getting a far larger home with uniquely attractive non-cookie cutter interior features, an appealing yard and access to better cultural amenities, shopping and restaurants, etc. is worth losing some savings for a few months if need be!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X