top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who were approved through post BK and some details...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JvilleGarden
    replied
    Date Discharged: 3/11/11
    Credit Score prior to Discharge: 512 (exp)
    Credit Score after Discharge and clean up: 627 (exp)
    Date Applied For: 7/31/2011
    Approval Amount: $15,000
    Interest Rate: 11.99%
    Term 48 months

Leave a comment:

• jj26
    replied
    Discharged: 9/2009
    Lender: Cap One
    Date Applied: 7/2011
    Approval Amount: up to $19000
    Interest Rate: 8.9% @ 60 months

A couple weeks back I went to a few dealers and financing was pretty much 22%-24% through the various lenders incl. Road Loans. Road Loans was surprising since I got a much lower rate (14.9% I think) from them a year ago when looking around and ended up not buying. Recently got a Cap One credit card, so decided to try them for the auto loan after reading about them here. Not sure if having the credit card helped with my auto loan through them or not. Scores were between 660-685. Still looking and deciding about getting a car at this point.

I remembered how much I can't stand car dealerships, the only place that didn't irritate me was Car Max since they don't bother you with that "let me go talk to the manager" garbage.

Leave a comment:

• may
    replied
    Date Discharged: 6/30/11
    Lender: Capital One
    Date Applied: 7/5/11
    Approval Amount: up to $12,000
    Interest Rate: 12.94%
    Term: 60 months
    Payment if full amount used: $272.61/month
    Vehicle must have under 70k miles.

We were also approved through another bank at 11% interest on a brand new truck.

Equifax - I was 620 or so and DH was 580 or something like that. I can't remember exactly because the dealer showed it to us so we could sign it.

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgecat View Post
    Date Discharged: 5/3/10
    Lender: Capital one
    Date Applied For: 07/08/11
    Approval Amount: up to $24,000
    Interest Rate: 5.4%
    Term: 48

I should mention that I applied for and got a Capital One credit card a few months after discharge. I've used it and paid it off for over a year and they've raised my credit limit. My FICO is 641. I was thrilled with my rate.

Leave a comment:

• hedgecat
    replied
    Date Discharged: 5/3/10
    Lender: Capital one
    Date Applied For: 07/08/11
    Approval Amount: up to $24,000
    Interest Rate: 5.4%
    Term: 48

I should mention that I applied for and got a Capital One credit card a few months after discharge. I've used it and paid it off for over a year and they've raised my credit limit. My FICO is 641. I was thrilled with my rate.

Leave a comment:

• mjengineer
    replied
    Date Discharged: June 30th, 2011
    Lender: Ally Financial
    Date Applied For: July 1st, 2011
    Approval Amount: $22,000
    Interest Rate: 14.1%
    Term: 72

My Credit scores were about 630
    Last edited by mjengineer; 07-02-2011, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jb1231
    replied
    I bought car last week. Cap One was offering 9.4%. Dealer gave 7.3%. I'm still waiting on the funding though so the Lo Jack can be installed. Not sure what's taking so long.

Leave a comment:

• jlynn275
    replied
    Discharged March 2011.
    Applied Capital One June 2011 - only requested 18,000.
    Approved 7.12% for brand new
    8.19% for a 2009
    (and the others of course in between)
    60 months

Found a like brand spanking new 2009 Hyundai Sonata with 30,000 miles for $15,000
    Putting $4000 down. Payments will be around $270, but will be paying $900 a month for as long as we have no mortgage/rent. Currently have the car waiting for dealership to see if he can find us a better rate (friend of my husband)...if not, we roll with the cap one. Oh, also got 100,000 mile warranty on the car.

My equifax was 659
    Husbands 619
    Last edited by jlynn275; 06-12-2011, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jb1231
    replied
    Discharged 10/2009

Applied 6/7/2011 through Capital One
    Approved amount: up to $28,710
    Rate: 9.41%
    Term: 72 months

I haven't picked out a vehicle yet but am looking at Hondas.

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    Originally posted by Flatbroke1 View Post
    In Dec 2010 I was approved with Chase @ 12% on a 2010 HHR for about $13000 at 60 months. I paid ahead each month. May 2011 I refinanced with my credit union @3.35%! (Since I was a new CU member I had to pay Chase for 12 months to develop a good pay history, but the CU approved after only a few months). We have a Capital One card since July 2010 which we use and pay in full each month in order to rebuild our credit. Other than the car and paying off our Capital One each month we are debt free and intend to stay that way, other than home or car payment. Someday we do plan on buying a house. And we do have a cash emergency fund. BK 7 was the best financial decision I ever made!
    thanks so much!! that's a GREAT success story about getting back on ones feet! congrats to you.

edit...oppppps.....i wll be paying CASH for my next one whether it's 15k or 1500.00 LOL!!!
    Last edited by tobee43; 06-08-2011, 05:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Flatbroke1
    replied
    In Dec 2010 I was approved with Chase @ 12% on a 2010 HHR for about $13000 at 60 months. I paid ahead each month. May 2011 I refinanced with my credit union @3.35%! (Since I was a new CU member I had to pay Chase for 12 months to develop a good pay history, but the CU approved after only a few months). We have a Capital One card since July 2010 which we use and pay in full each month in order to rebuild our credit. Other than the car and paying off our Capital One each month we are debt free and intend to stay that way, other than home or car payment. Someday we do plan on buying a house. And we do have a cash emergency fund. BK 7 was the best financial decision I ever made!

Leave a comment:

• Kuya
    replied
    Discharged 5/12/11
    Applied 5/16/11

Trans Fico: 703
    EQ Fico: 666
    Exp Vantage (fico not avail) 777

Capital One - Denied
    Chase - Denied
    Lots of other banks - denied
    One unknown subprime bank (forget the name) Approved at 13%

Finally, my local Credit Union: Approved
    Car: 2010 Cadillac SRX, AWD, Premium
    Final negotiated price: $34,995
    down: $0
    Term: 72 month
    APR: 5.9%
    Last edited by Kuya; 05-16-2011, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kuya
    replied
    Thanks. I hope you are right! They are my highest FICO at 703. I will be testing the waters with them this coming week.

Originally posted by Kuya View Post
    Do you, by any chance, know what Bureau(s) Ally pulled?

Leave a comment:

• braincramp
    replied
    Transunion I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Kuya
    replied
    Do you, by any chance, know what Bureau(s) Ally pulled?

Originally posted by braincramp View Post
    I am actually shocked! I was discharged in August 2010.My credit score is 598 and I just got financed for 60 months at 2.9% on a 2011 Chevy Cruze with a $1000 down. I am elated since my car is pretty well my office.Dealership got me approved thru ALLY, which used to be GMAC.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X