Seller Settlement Statement - Junk Fees - yep, Flashoflight was right! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seller Settlement Statement - Junk Fees - yep, Flashoflight was right! LOL

So we got our final settlement statement for selling the house. flashoflight was right: junk fees!!!
    They charged/spent time investigating, an HOA; at the cost of $600. Our HOA? Optional, $24 annual. So yeah, RIP. OFF.
    And late fees of $63? Dude, we were *Never* late on payments. Maybe someone wants Starbucks.
    Water fees of $350? In summer, sure, but in February? Mmm no... July, yes.
    We anticipate a refund of some of these since they are estimates.
    Oh also, unrelated: the 2005 Sentra has the hot/AC fan stopped blowing... great. No time to fix, will trade it in when we get to WA. Ugh.

That stinks, but what a little price to pay to get the dodge, or in this case Sentra, out of town!
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

LOL funny!
      Buuut... I made a comment about it, and the closer said, 'that's not right'... turns out , it should be $60.00 for an optional HOA, not $600.00
      So we got an additional $540.

Comment

Carmella , so right and at least I won't have to drive that dinosaur here, where it's already hovering near or over 90 degrees every day. (In Wa. it's only a mild 60 degrees now.)
        We are glad to get that HOA fee reversed and maybe get a few other refunds.

Comment

Good to hear the junk fees going away.

I got some junk fees to go away by themselves when the old mortgage was sold during the refinance so the payoff amount was lower by $1k. The "new" old lender changed the proof of claim to zero so I don't expect junk fees to show up at the finish line. But overall the junk fees were annoying and I could never tell if they were reversed or not due to the bankruptcy due to the "old" old lender's strange accounting system for bankruptcy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X