Waiting For A Star To Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting For A Star To Fall

I am more impatient waiting for my Chapter 13 to fall off my report, than I was waiting for my Chapter 13 to end. Is that wrong?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

LOL, no! It is kind of like the 50-Shades of Christmas (or Bankruptcy), and each new level brings with it both anticipation and fulfillment.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

More like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Whatever that means.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Absolutely not..I was the same way. It is the final step at the end of the journey 😃
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Awaiting the final month (60th) and subsequent discharge is bad enough - I'm sure your pain is real...😂

Comment

I feel your pain too VolFan. After I made my last payment, it was 4 months before my discharge was entered. There was a little misunderstanding which is why it was 4 months, not 2 months.

I'm tired from my Chapter 13. I'm tired having waited for discharge. I'm tired from waiting for the closing. I'm tired waiting for things to drop off.

I'm tired of being tired.

Comment

My Chapter 13 will drop off my report in almost exactly one year (54-weeks to be exact) and while I am certainly looking forward to that time, having that tag on my credit report isn't really impacting me, errr, at least not at the moment. By that I mean, I now have two credit cards with reasonably high limits, both of which offer cash back rewards, I don't need a new car (or even want one for that matter as I really like my "bankruptcy car"), and I haven't saved up enough for a decent down payment for a new home yet.

A year from now might be a different story for both the car and the home; living on the horse farm and mucking out stalls and schlepping grain bags and bales of hay around is getting old, so the new home is kind of obvious. The car thing is a bit different; my wife and I both joke "we've never learned how to drive a car with an automatic transmission", and given cars with three pedals under the dash are getting harder and harder to find, I may opt to buy something new or at least newer, just so I extend time time when I can drive a "real" car. If push came to shove, and I had to buy a car sometime in the next year, I'd probably opt for either a CPO 2018 BMW 340i 6-Speed (the last year that car was offered with a manual transmission), or maybe a 2022 VW GTI or Golf R.
              Latent car nut.

Comment

I like to think about a new car, but I'm okay with my 2012 car for now.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  I like to think about a new car, but I'm okay with my 2012 car for now.
                  LOL, mine's a 2006 with 170,000 miles on it.
                  Latent car nut.

Comment

I didn't even mention the 2003 with 90,000 miles. Barely operated that vehicle.

Comment

A 2003 with 90K on the clock; must be pretty special; pray tell, what is it?
                      Latent car nut.

Comment

Not that special. A Mercury Mountaineer AWD Premiere Edition. Probably the price of gas which kept it off the road. The V8 loved gasoline and when it was over $100 to fill the tank, it sat idle. LOL

Comment

LOL, nailed me; I was hoping for something like a 2003 BMW M5 or something like that.
                          Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X