No announcement yet.

Unexpected Credit Limit Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie13, last year I was worried about the rebucketing issue as well, turned out to be a non-issue as my scores shot up into the 800+ range. Regarding how long to wait before asking for a graduation for your secured card, I'm not sure there is a good answer, if they're going to hit you with a hard pull I'd be a tad less sanguine about asking. Do you know if they have an automatic review process which, as I understand it, typically does not entail a hard pull?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Hey shipo. It was a hard pull. Got it, and the t shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie13 View Post
        Hey shipo. It was a hard pull. Got it, and the t shirt.
        Annoying.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post

Annoying.
          true, but, we converted the secured credit card to unsecured and got our cash back.

Comment

true, but, we converted the secured credit card to unsecured and got our cash back.
            Understood, and I also understand different financial institutions operate under different rules, but yeesh, under the assumption you got hit with a hard pull when you opened the secured card, a second hard pull is not exactly ethical in my book (and yes, I also understand I don't run a bank ).
            Latent car nut.

Comment

NFCU just bumped me up $4K with a soft pull. I love NFCU.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post

Understood, and I also understand different financial institutions operate under different rules, but yeesh, under the assumption you got hit with a hard pull when you opened the secured card, a second hard pull is not exactly ethical in my book (and yes, I also understand I don't run a bank ).
                Those are good points. I do not recall if the secured card required a hard pull. At the same time, we asked ourselves, which is of more value/use to us: the $5,000.00, or a higher credit score which will get reduced, then recover. Good news is, we now have the three credit cards total; now to use them appropriately, and let them 'season' over time.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  NFCU just bumped me up $4K with a soft pull. I love NFCU.
                  Nice!

Comment

Those are good points. I do not recall if the secured card required a hard pull. At the same time, we asked ourselves, which is of more value/use to us: the $5,000.00, or a higher credit score which will get reduced, then recover. Good news is, we now have the three credit cards total; now to use them appropriately, and let them 'season' over time.
                    Good attitude. I was stupid after my discharge and racked up something like 18 hard pulls over the next nine months; after a year they no longer factor in FICO scoring, and after two years they fall off one's credit reports entirely. A year ago I didn't have any HPs on my reports, but buying a new car (October 2022), agreeing to a new Chase Sapphire Preferred card (December 2022), and then taking the bait for a new Chase Freedom Unlimited (earlier this week), I now have three to deal with. For a number of reasons, my wife and I have put off buying a new home until early next year, by which time I'll only have this week's HP dinging my scores.
                    Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X