top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Water Heater, Power Outages and Generators Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Carmella .
    Yes, I'm much better now and so far, (knock on wood!) the power hasn't gone out once since we bought those generators, so we'll see.
    The weather is pretty mild here apart from some heavy rain , a few inches of snow in late November and "black ice" last Friday.
    I think high wind is what causes outages here.
    Happy New Year!

Comment

Murphy is in play--you have generators so there will be no outages haha! Or at least none for a very long time!
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Yeah the wind does it for sure: Wind plus weak tree limbs, dead standing trees as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
          Murphy is in play--you have generators so there will be no outages haha! Or at least none for a very long time!
          Originally posted by Zombie13 View Post
          Yeah the wind does it for sure: Wind plus weak tree limbs, dead standing trees as well.
          We bought our last house in 2002; shortly after moving in our neighbors told us they'd had several power outages, and after having been without power for 5 days when we lived in New Jersey due to Hurricane Floyd, I decided to buy a generator for the new house. The rest of 2002 came and went with virtually no generator usage, as did the years 2003 through most of 2008; during that time our neighbors occasionally teased us with having done the generator thing, and by the end of 2008 I think I'd gotten a total of 6 hours of usage out of it.

Then in December of 2008 we had a really nasty ice storm which took down something like 50 line segments between our house and the closest point on the grid with power; we were 8 days without power, right before Christmas. The next thing I knew, a number of the very same neighbors who'd teased me about having a generator were asking us for help in doing the wiring cheat I'd done on our home. Needless to say, I didn't get teased any longer.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Well, that settles it- we will eventually be oh so glad we bought these when the power actually does go out, probably when we least expect it, LOL!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X