No announcement yet.

Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One letter received - denied for "too many delinquent past or present Capital One obligations." So they do blacklist to some extent, what's frustrating is that they could see this without a hard pull of my credit report by searching their internal systems on my SSN.

I discharged two Capital One items, about $5.5K on a credit card and $44.8K on a line of credit. I don't argue with their right to do this, it just would be nice if they'd disclose...
    Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

Cap 1 Approved

I was just approved for a Cap1 card 3 days post discharge! My credit scores are 567, 567, 575!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie777 View Post
        Capital One letter received - denied for "too many delinquent past or present Capital One obligations." So they do blacklist to some extent, what's frustrating is that they could see this without a hard pull of my credit report by searching their internal systems on my SSN.

I discharged two Capital One items, about $5.5K on a credit card and $44.8K on a line of credit. I don't argue with their right to do this, it just would be nice if they'd disclose...
        Capital One was sending me loads of "pre-approval" letters so I finally applied and got the same thing. They didn't check my credit report and simply said NO without looking. I only cost them about $2.5k on a credit card.

Comment

Yes, I reread my letter and it says they used internal resources (aka "blacklist") and didn't make a credit file inquiry.
          Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

I just applied and rec'd a Captial One No Hassle Rewards Card w/ a $500 limit and a HSBC card with a $300 limit. Discharge was 4/2010. Only going to put a tank of gas on every other month on each one..rotating the months on the cards and then paying off in full each month. I enjoy being on a cash only basis though. Don't want anymore for quite sometime either! I don't even want these ones, but I have to start somewhere..house, cell, are all in DH's name only and the 2 cars were paid off 5 yrs ago. On the Capital One you can customize a card with your own photo...so I took a photo of DH with a scowl and pointing his finger to put on it as a reminder to not spend too much!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchinDebt View Post
              I just applied and rec'd a Captial One No Hassle Rewards Card w/ a $500 limit and a HSBC card with a $300 limit. Discharge was 4/2010. Only going to put a tank of gas on every other month on each one..rotating the months on the cards and then paying off in full each month. I enjoy being on a cash only basis though. Don't want anymore for quite sometime either! I don't even want these ones, but I have to start somewhere..house, cell, are all in DH's name only and the 2 cars were paid off 5 yrs ago. On the Capital One you can customize a card with your own photo...so I took a photo of DH with a scowl and pointing his finger to put on it as a reminder to not spend too much!!
              To funny. I should of done that. I put a picture of my baby....my chihuahua on it.
              Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
              Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
              On The Road To Rebuilding
              5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

I did a lot of research on secured cards. Look at Amalgamated. It is secure but they do not report it as secured and it is $50 a year, no monthly fees. Very happy with them so far. After having it for six months, I applied for capitol one and received an unsecured card for $750.

Comment

How many of you BK's CapOne and still got a card? We have one that we are Bk'ing with about $5K on it.
                  Retained lawyer 5/18/10
                  Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
                  Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjenn View Post
                    How many of you BK's CapOne and still got a card? We have one that we are Bk'ing with about $5K on it.
                    Bk 4 or 5 accounts between hubby and myself 12/09. Just got approved for $500.00

Comment

BK only one card $1k. discharged a year ago, but still deny for unsecured cards. Last month I applied secured card and approved.

Comment

discharged 3 wks ago, today got a credit card offer from CREDIT ONE Bank. $300-$1500 limit $75 per year annual fee. 23.9% APR

Who is this Credit One? It looks very much like Capital One (logo, etc). I had to read it twice before I realized it was not Crap One!
                        Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
                        Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
                        Case went without a hitch!
                        I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

Originally posted by calgirl67 View Post
                          discharged 3 wks ago, today got a credit card offer from CREDIT ONE Bank. $300-$1500 limit $75 per year annual fee. 23.9% APR

Who is this Credit One? It looks very much like Capital One (logo, etc). I had to read it twice before I realized it was not Crap One!
                          Credit One was the first card I got. Low limit...$200. I had no issues till now. They screwed up my payment. I made a payment thru my bank it posted to my account...then Credit One returned it and charged me $35. A bunch of bullsh**. They are investigating. Other than that...no issues.

Comment

Hi,
                            I live in NC. I just filed BK and waiting for discharge in Aug. I had my hearing.
                            I would like to talk with someone who might be able to share some light into how to build my credit back. I have a few ideas. My mom has A#1 credit. She has offered to add me to a few of her credit account for a while. I want to know if that is a good move. I also would like to know what cards are the best. I belong to a credit union. I was thinking of a card with them. Secured! Also I was thinking of buying a CD and taking a loan out on it and paying it back over time. Like 500. So let me know what you guys think! I am all ears!!! Thanks for your time!

Comment

Building credit the best way! Please share advise!

Hi,
                              I live in NC. I just filed BK and waiting for discharge in Aug. I had my hearing.
                              I would like to talk with someone who might be able to share some light into how to build my credit back. I have a few ideas. My mom has A#1 credit. She has offered to add me to a few of her credit account for a while. I want to know if that is a good move. I also would like to know what cards are the best. I belong to a credit union. I was thinking of a card with them. Secured! Also I was thinking of buying a CD and taking a loan out on it and paying it back over time. Like 500. So let me know what you guys think! I am all ears!!! Thanks for your time!

Comment

i have been out of BK for about 1.5 years now...my scores are in the mid to high 600s.

i have a public savings secured card for 1500
                                capitalone one approved me for 500...then raised to 750 after 3 months
                                orchard bank approved me for 500 today
                                americanexpress platinum--no limit
                                american express blue 2000

i have paid everything bill on time and all my credit cards are paid off at the end of the month.

i want to know when my score will go to the 700s...i seem to be stuck in the 600 range.

i dont need anymore credit cards

i have no outstanding auto loans or home loans

my credit is cleaned up except for the BK...everything else on my credit is reporting on time except the BK chapter 7.

I do have one account on my experian report that was included in BK...which shows included in BK..but its a negative account...is this affecting me?

the only card that i got declined for was Citibank Secured Card---i gave them a 2000 deposit and they returned it in 4 weeks. i was approved for the rest of the cards...i dunno why citi cards declined me...i didnt include them in the BK...i never had an account with them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X