Makes me sick to think about-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes me sick to think about-

This really has nothing to do with anything in particular, I know there is nothing I can do about it, but sometimes it makes me ill to think about it.
    Credit!
    I am in my early 40's, had good credit most of my life, a few times the number was lower than others. But never bad at all. 4 1/2 years ago, my credit was excellent, 740. I could get any CC I wanted. Never denied. All those years to build credit, wasted, you make good payment history, get loans and pay off, have different trade lines. It all gets smashed within a couple months! Some lates, interest is raised, credit cut off completely, lower limits. BAM, your new score is 560!

Ok, thanks for letting me vent! LOL

I almost want to call you "mystikal". LOL. I ain't gonna lie. I'm in my upper 30's and was always bad with money, but had an epiphany, and now will take full advantage of my fresh start.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

the sun will come tomorrow...you CAN bet your bottom dollar!!! LOL!!! i just HAD to do that!! sorry..

you will be able to build your credit back up after this mess promise...we have been discharged just over 2 months already have been issued cards and our credit scores are 690 and 685....
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Yes, it's frustrating to have to rebuild from scratch. But this time you will do it with all the knowledge you have obtained, and hopefully this will be the last time you will have to start from scratch.

I am doing things so much differently this time. The first time of building my credit, it was all about getting the jumbo credit limits and the best rewards. Now I could care less. I just want to rebuild my credit so I can buy a home. My priorities have changed so much post bk and that is a good thing in my opinion.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

You crack me up, tobee! LOL. I've learned my lesson well! I actually have a few hundred bucks in my savings account, which I haven't touched! Never happened before!
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
            You crack me up, tobee! LOL. I've learned my lesson well! I actually have a few hundred bucks in my savings account, which I haven't touched! Never happened before!
            well...my friend there are just day that we need to break out in "song"....just because it's the "right" thing to do. LOL!!!!!!!

and we do too! it's exciting. a few hundred dollars stuffed in the sofa!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
              Yes, it's frustrating to have to rebuild from scratch. But this time you will do it with all the knowledge you have obtained, and hopefully this will be the last time you will have to start from scratch.

I am doing things so much differently this time. The first time of building my credit, it was all about getting the jumbo credit limits and the best rewards. Now I could care less. I just want to rebuild my credit so I can buy a home. My priorities have changed so much post bk and that is a good thing in my opinion.
              yes, i just want enough credit for what could or would be a BIG purchase, like a car, because we NEED it to get food etc. i would love when we finally have to buy one, to have a HUGE chuck of the money to put down so we can just fiance a small amount.

we also want to buy this house we are in and know it will take us at least two years...we looked it up today and they want at least a 720 credit score to be considered for a mortgage when it used to be 680 was fine. so we have a ways to go.

the last time we purchased a car an expensive one..we pd cash. we don't need another expensive car...just a new dependable one...pandora has one of the electric or high-bred cars...sounds interesting for our next choice. we always had two cars since my other half had to commute so far we always purchased under 20k cars and turned them in after 3 years because of high mileage.

we absolutely need credit and it's our society not our choice.

Comment

"High-bred"! LOL! I dunno. Don't know if I want another car note. The new cars are the most reliable, though. Decisions, decisions. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  we also want to buy this house we are in and know it will take us at least two years...we looked it up today and they want at least a 720 credit score to be considered for a mortgage when it used to be 680 was fine. so we have a ways to go.

we absolutely need credit and it's our society not our choice.
                  Yeah, I dont know how we can combat/fight the FICO system. I wish we'd rid of it because it's definitely not perfect. I think I heard rumor of a replacement (better?) system but whatever..

I think this country is going to continue to be in a down economy especially if they are raising the minimum FICO of 720 to even be considered for a mortgage now? In a way it's a good thing but not overall. The real estate economy will continue to suffer.

The funniest thing is we came out of this recession "officially" over a year ago. But, I don't agree... some say the indicators are always "lagging" behind.. but yeah.
                  Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
                    Yeah, I dont know how we can combat/fight the FICO system. I wish we'd rid of it because it's definitely not perfect. I think I heard rumor of a replacement (better?) system but whatever..

I think this country is going to continue to be in a down economy especially if they are raising the minimum FICO of 720 to even be considered for a mortgage now? In a way it's a good thing but not overall. The real estate economy will continue to suffer.

The funniest thing is we came out of this recession "officially" over a year ago. But, I don't agree... some say the indicators are always "lagging" behind.. but yeah.
                    I agree with you CCsAreEvil. I see absolutely no indications that we are out of a recession, at least as far as consumer spending and housing goes.

Comment

I agree with you CCsAreEvil. I see absolutely no indications that we are out of a recession, at least as far as consumer spending and housing goes.
                      Well, the economy is out of the recession using the actual definition of a recession. Obviously, the economy has a long way to go before it's healed but using the strict defintions.....the recession is over. That said with respect to the OP......use the pain and your memories to never get yourself in that situation again. All of that frustration is exactly why I am saying no to credit cards. Don't want to go there again. You know what they say.....fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, SHAME ON ME!
                      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Certainly not as far as employment goes either, although employment always lags approx. 6 months behind other indicators.
                        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post

it's all propaganda.... to make us THINK this recession is over. they are so full of it. where we live the unemployment rate is 13.9%.....what DOES that mean.

the election should be interesting...i don't really like to discuss politics but simply put we just went in and voted ALREADY ( can't believe florida had early voting on their primitive voting system...i had to fill in the dots!! OMG!)......however, just went down the line didn't care...if it was an incumbent i voted against them...i don't care where it lands..let them sort it out on the floor...hope it draws some blood for all i care...

throw the people of this country some crumbs......please...no fico scores!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                            Certainly not as far as employment goes either, although employment always lags approx. 6 months behind other indicators.
                            At least employment has improved a tiny bit. Spending is flat or lower. I don't see us feeling like we are out of this recession for another 18 months to two years minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                              it's all propaganda.... to make us THINK this recession is over. they are so full of it. where we live the unemployment rate is 13.9%.....what DOES that mean.

the election should be interesting...i don't really like to discuss politics but simply put we just went in and voted ALREADY ( can't believe florida had early voting on their primitive voting system...i had to fill in the dots!! OMG!)......however, just went down the line didn't care...if it was an incumbent i voted against them...i don't care where it lands..let them sort it out on the floor...hope it draws some blood for all i care...

throw the people of this country some crumbs......please...no fico scores!!!!
                              I think all politicians suck. I live in Michigan, land of economic apocalypse. It will be a recession here for the next three generations....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X