Denied for Delinquent Accounts Post BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied for Delinquent Accounts Post BK?

Can a lender turn you down for the delinquency from before your BK filing? I'm just curious and would like to line all my ducks in a row.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

now a days they can turn you down for most anything they want. unfortunately we are at their mercy
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by buffetbuster View Post
      Can a lender turn you down for the delinquency from before your BK filing? I'm just curious and would like to line all my ducks in a row.
      Yes. A lender can turn you down for any reason they want, as long as they aren't violating anti-discrimination laws.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Don't be to hasty to rebuild credit, credit will always be available. Learn to pay yourself first for the first 2-5 years post BK and make this a life long habit.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by buffetbuster View Post
          If a creditor sees a risk that money may not be paid back, they don't have to lend money or credit. That creditor can be anything from a big bank to yourself personally in lending money.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

To put it in a more credit based answer, if you have lates and charge offs that occured before your bankruptcy and they are showing up on your credit report, then yes they can deny you for that. Your bankruptcy takes care of your debts as of the date you file and then lenders can not report you late or negatively on those accounts after your filing date, but anything that was there before you filed remains and you have no basis to dispute it.

The longer distance between the negative factors and the time you apply for credit will greatly increase your chance of success but can still haunt you for many years. There is credit post bankruptcy you just need to do your homework on who is BK friendly before applying.

Hope that helps.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X