• Time
  • Show
Clear All

old bankruptcy still on report

Old dismissed case is still listed on Trans Union from June '03

Asked to remove, get no response.

Other two CRA's removed it

Any ideas to get it off report

10 years, so by June '13 should be gone.
    ~Staci
    Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA2 View Post
      10 years, so by June '13 should be gone.
      ...from filing date. Correct?
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
        ...from filing date. Correct?
        that is what i have heard over and over on the forum, however, from what i have seen it's from the discharged date.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

My credit report shows when my BK will be removed from my report and it is 10 years after the filing date.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Filing date.

Comment

i guess i'm going to have to wait another 6 years or so to see!

here's why i say discharge date:

person thinks the same thing, challenges the reporting credit agencies for not removing the bk from the reports. claiming they filed on such and such a date and send in proof of filing. credit reporting agency all three of them get back to her all asking to send copies of the discharge order. she does, and that is the date all three agencies say they are using and not the filing date.

now this was a while ago, maybe the law has changed, i do not know, but i do know what this person experienced because i helped her get all her paperwork together to send. it was just consistent with all three of the main reporting agencies, so i use that as my sample impression. who knows, maybe they were just giving her a really bad time.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

So was this case dismissed or discharged?
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                  So was this case dismissed or discharged?

discharged, they did not request the close order, just the discharge order.

Comment

From the Federal Fair Credit and Reporting Act:

§ 605. Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports [15 U.S.C. §1681c]
                    (a) Information excluded from consumer reports. Except as authorized under subsection (b)
                    of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing
                    any of the following items of information:
                    (1) Cases under title 11 [United States Code] or under the Bankruptcy Act that, from the
                    date of entry of the order for relief or the date of adjudication, as the case may be,
                    antedate the report by more than 10 years.
                    An entry for order for relief occurs when your voluntary BK petition is filed. From 11 USC § 301:
                    (b) The commencement of a voluntary case under a chapter of this title constitutes an order for relief under such chapter.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                      From the Federal Fair Credit and Reporting Act:

An entry for order for relief occurs when your voluntary BK petition is filed. From 11 USC § 301:
                      and taking that one step further in understanding what an "order for relief" exactly means; it is the event that marks the beginning of a bankruptcy proceeding, the date of which affects other matters, such as what claims are administered in the proceeding. that's clear enough to define the filing date as far as i'm concerned. (this took place over 15 years ago, so i don't know if the code changed, very possible in light of many of the bk changes taking place a few years back).

based on that statue it appears those credit agencies were giving her undue hardship to get the bk removed.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                        My credit report shows when my BK will be removed from my report and it is 10 years after the filing date.
                        Same here..
                        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

My credit reports did also at the time and after 7 years passed from the date of our filing date in April 2002 (Chapter 13), we obtained our credit reports in May 2009 and all BK information was gone. In fact, the next issue for us was not having enough credit as prior good accounts not included in the BK were gone also....Your BK will be removed 7 years from the filing date if you filed Chapter 13, 10 years from the filing date if you filed Chapter 7.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Our first bk was removed from our reports this past April, 10 years from the date we filed.
                            Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
                            341 June 1st, 2010
                            Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
                            Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X