Credit Karma or similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Karma or similar

I know CK should not be used for correct credit scores, but does anyone use it to track their credit history, CC balances, mortgage balances, etc....

Or is there another 'one stop shop' that I could load all my accounts and track them in one place?

Thanks PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Originally posted by PhillyGuy View Post

Or is there another 'one stop shop' that I could load all my accounts and track them in one place?

Thanks PG
    Quickbooks is your friend.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyGuy View Post
      I know CK should not be used for correct credit scores, but does anyone use it to track their credit history, CC balances, mortgage balances, etc....

Thanks PG
      My favorite is MINT.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        My favorite is MINT.com.
        I have been using Mint for a couple years now, but have not noticed any credit report management. Is it part of a paid service through Mint? I have yet to venture into anything that is anything more than free.

I do like having all my balances and assets on one application, and last month was first time in many years that I show a positive overall balance. One goal down, many to go.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
          I have been using Mint for a couple years now, but have not noticed any credit report management. Is it part of a paid service through Mint? I have yet to venture into anything that is anything more than free.

I do like having all my balances and assets on one application, and last month was first time in many years that I show a positive overall balance. One goal down, many to go.
          g
          I use mint for my credit cards and bank account and credit karma for my credit monitoring. Mint is superior to credit karma for banking and I've found Credit Karma very useful for credit monitoring without paying for a service.

Comment

g
            I use mint for my credit cards and bank account and credit karma for my credit monitoring. Mint is superior to credit karma for banking and I've found Credit Karma very useful for credit monitoring without paying for a service.
            I do the same thing, thanks for your response.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I use Credit Karma and Credit Sesame both, and I use them to monitor for new accounts and inquiries.

Both are free and they pull from different CRAs so it's worthwhile to check both.
              Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Credit Karma is so far off the wall the FTC should go after them. incorrect updates, information etc., and no way to correct it. they are by far the worse i have seen.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  Credit Karma is so far off the wall the FTC should go after them. incorrect updates, information etc., and no way to correct it. they are by far the worse i have seen.

What does CK report incorrectly for you? Everything seems accurate to me and it saves me money since I don't need to pay for a credit monitoring service!

Comment

What does CK report incorrectly for you? Everything seems accurate to me and it saves me money since I don't need to pay for a credit monitoring service!
                    Even without credit karma, a credit monitoring service is not necessary. You can get a free copy of each credit report each year. If you get one of the three reports every 4 months, you can monitor your own reports. Since most creditors report to all three CRAs, you will catch most errors by viewing one report. Annualcreditreport.com makes requesting your reports easy. It won't include your scores. But, the important thing is to make sure the reports are accurate. Your score is what it is.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

accounts both open and closed. accounts we never had, and one cannot correct anything they put or list there. they must have my husband mixed up with me. all balances are either incorrect or no updated information with ours is at least 3 years old. when and if the accounts are updated they are both incorrect with us. that howard guy he just got money for getting people to join. truth is when it's time you need money CK has no effect either way.

plus logan this is me we are talking about !!! everything is way off. i can't wait to see what our deposits are going to be for utilities on our new house.
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I use Credit Karma and I subscribe to a paying monitoring service. I know...paying for a service, but it's cheap ($6 a month) and it lets me see how my credit score is affected as I go through a major pre-mortgage application clean up. I have noticed that everything on my Credit Karma account is almost exactly the way it has shown up on my official credit reports. I have also seen that balances are updated almost as quickly there as on my paid service. I used my credit reports from my paid service to write to each CRB and dispute items that I didn't agree with.

Comment

well, i know credit karma didn't help be get my mortgage...(in north carolina can't wait!!! hope it will be by christmas) we are waiting to close now. i had 99.99% down and couldn't get a dime!!! or so i was told. i should have worked harder but the truth of it is, i really don't want a mortgage ever again even if it's little.

we intended to pay all of it cash, but they i saw extra electrical outlets, and more insulation, extra thick carpet padding on floors 2-3..since i couldn't get the little bit extra we had to pay more cash which i could have used for a sofa to sit on.

bottom line was we are in the 700s fico scores, have been perfect with our credit and it didn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by mynameainttracy View Post
                            it lets me see how my credit score is affected as I go through a major pre-mortgage application clean up.
                            IMO, that is the only reason to pay for a monitoring service.
                            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I like Credit Karma, I found that it is actually pretty accurate and up to date for myself as well as my husband. I don't trust the score it provides, though. I use to use Mint way back, but have touched it in ages. At the time it was quite glitchy with a lot of doubel entries and what not. I might try it again, though, it was a handy one stop shop.
                              Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                              Discharged: August 2010
                              A life lesson well learned.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X