Credit Karma or similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
    Even without credit karma, a credit monitoring service is not necessary. You can get a free copy of each credit report each year. If you get one of the three reports every 4 months, you can monitor your own reports. Since most creditors report to all three CRAs, you will catch most errors by viewing one report. Annualcreditreport.com makes requesting your reports easy. It won't include your scores. But, the important thing is to make sure the reports are accurate. Your score is what it is.
    Lady, for me credit karma is much easier. I get an email if there's a new inquiry or account open. I also check my credit report with credit karma and although there's limited information it would tell me if there are any new accounts which is what I'm most concerned with. Also, I could care less about my score and I agree with you, it is what it is.
    I have had problems with annualcreditreport in the past with 1 of the bureau's and must request a report in writing--I think it's because I've moved so much.

Logan

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      accounts both open and closed. accounts we never had, and one cannot correct anything they put or list there. they must have my husband mixed up with me. all balances are either incorrect or no updated information with ours is at least 3 years old. when and if the accounts are updated they are both incorrect with us. that howard guy he just got money for getting people to join. truth is when it's time you need money CK has no effect either way.

plus logan this is me we are talking about !!! everything is way off. i can't wait to see what our deposits are going to be for utilities on our new house.
      That's too bad it's so messed up for you. I believe they use transunion so you'd think the CK report would come straight from them with some accuracy.

Comment

I just got an email from Barclays saying that as a Barclays cardholder I get a free peek at my credit score from My Fico (Transunion). The score from My Fico was a couple of points higher than what Credit karma provided, but to me it is close enough.
        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
        Discharged: August 2010
        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
          I like Credit Karma, I found that it is actually pretty accurate and up to date for myself as well as my husband. I don't trust the score it provides, though. I use to use Mint way back, but have touched it in ages. At the time it was quite glitchy with a lot of doubel entries and what not. I might try it again, though, it was a handy one stop shop.
          Mint recently added some new features that you may like. More way to break down the info than before so you can dig deep.

Isn't Credit Karma an estimated credit score anyway? I thought it said that right on the site, but if you want up to the minute info you would have to subscribe to a service and link it to CK.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
            Mint recently added some new features that you may like. More way to break down the info than before so you can dig deep.

Isn't Credit Karma an estimated credit score anyway? I thought it said that right on the site, but if you want up to the minute info you would have to subscribe to a service and link it to CK.
            Well, when I am on Credit Karma I look more at the account info rather than the score. The account info is up-to-date, from my understanding they get their information from Transunion. For example, logging in today it shows me the balance on my credit card from this current statement. I think after reading everything here and from other sites I am going to have to revisit Mint. I did like it for the most part.
            Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
            Discharged: August 2010
            A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
              Lady, for me credit karma is much easier. I get an email if there's a new inquiry or account open. I also check my credit report with credit karma and although there's limited information it would tell me if there are any new accounts which is what I'm most concerned with. Also, I could care less about my score and I agree with you, it is what it is.
              I have had problems with annualcreditreport in the past with 1 of the bureau's and must request a report in writing--I think it's because I've moved so much.

Logan
              I agree CK is useful to monitor your credit. It is paying for a credit monitoring service I would discourage in most cases.

Your problem really wasn't with annualcreditreport.com. Once you fill in your information, you are taken to the bureau's website. So it is the bureau who required a written request.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                That's what I thought too. But, right next to my score it says:

"TransUnion® New Account Score. This score ranges from 300 to 850. It's calculated by TransUnion, one of the three major credit bureaus. The New Account Score is used by lenders to assess your creditworthiness, or the likelihood that you'll repay your debts."

I searched the site and can't find any disclaimer about it not being the actual TransUnion score.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

That's what I thought too. But, right next to my score it says:

"TransUnion® New Account Score. This score ranges from 300 to 850. It's calculated by TransUnion, one of the three major credit bureaus. The New Account Score is used by lenders to assess your creditworthiness, or the likelihood that you'll repay your debts."

I searched the site and can't find any disclaimer about it not being the actual TransUnion score.
                  I see it as you stated. Thanks for pointing it out.
                  11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

It's also very close to MyFICO. Two days ago, my TransUnion-score at MyFICO was listed at 688. On CK, it was 681 on Nov. 14th. Between these two scores, two of my CCs reported lower balances so I wouldn't be surprised if this would explain the 7-point margin. While I don't know if these scoring-models are identical, they certainly are quite close.
                    Last edited by IBroke; 11-16-2013, 10:31 PM.
                    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I just got an email from Barclays saying that as a Barclays cardholder I get a free peek at my credit score from My Fico (Transunion). The score from My Fico was a couple of points higher than what Credit karma provided, but to me it is close enough.
                      My FICO on the Barclay's website is 30 points lower than Credit Karma. The thing is last time I checked my transunion score was last December when I bought a house and my transunion score was over 720. Something is wrong with the Barclay's score. I'll pull a free transunion credit report later though to verify there have been no changes on my credit report.
                      Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                        My FICO on the Barclay's website is 30 points lower than Credit Karma. The thing is last time I checked my transunion score was last December when I bought a house and my transunion score was over 720. Something is wrong with the Barclay's score. I'll pull a free transunion credit report later though to verify there have been no changes on my credit report.
                        Logan
                        CreditKarma is giving you Transunion's Transrisk Score, not a FICO score. They are two different scoring models.

Comment

CreditKarma is giving you Transunion's Transrisk Score, not a FICO score. They are two different scoring models.
                          It did say FICO on Barclays site but I'll take a better look when I get a chance. My Barclays score is 680, credit karma is 710 and my FICO last December was over 720.

Comment

I like Credit Karma, I found that it is actually pretty accurate and up to date for myself as well as my husband. I don't trust the score it provides, though. I use to use Mint way back, but have touched it in ages. At the time it was quite glitchy with a lot of doubel entries and what not. I might try it again, though, it was a handy one stop shop.
                            really, ours is so far off the wall it's ridiculous. although, lately i just don't feel like pulling the big 3 and straightening it all out, mainly since we pay cash or wait until we have it. i would be careful, if you take my most recent pulled big 3 and compare it to CK it's really bad.
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

exactly!
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X