Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 over!

Its over!
    my meeting was at 230 and my lawyer suggested I get there by 2 because the meeting was held in my local social security office and he said sometimes it gets really busy there ..so I played the waiting game for over a half hour cause of course i got there early . he had me sign a paper and then we waited .

Im a chapter 7 no assets case mind you .

Went into the room with other people and their lawyers .Three rows of chairs then three chairs .Table ..and the trustee .He got up and made a short speech about how most people's peitions are all done up right if you have a lawyer and whatnot but its his job to review .

I was the first person called ..moved up a seat, my lawyer sat next to me ..the trustee swore me in asked if it was my name on the petition ( my lawyer pulled out two sheets and pointed to my signature) yes

The next question was the only one that kind of caught me off guard which was " what brought you to file bankruptcy" I wanted to me like uhmmm shitty choices made me poor . but i went with years of poor financial management and I've tried to handle it on my own but i just can't anymore"

After that it was all easy ..he asked me some questioned about a failed business I opened in 2016 ..it closed four months after opening because my partner got sick and backed out and I couldnt run it alone it was all based around her . Which i explained ..he asked about the name and location of the store and what happened to the inventory .

After that it was all questions you have already answered ( do you own any land, is your name on any houses - he did ask if my name was attached to any house or lands owned by my parents, siblings or aunts and uncles....was I involved in any accidents or can i sue anyone )

And that was it! I swear i was there less then 5 minutes and every single thing I thought of and stressed out over these last few weeks were not even touched upon .AT .ALL

So there's that discharge is june 24th .

Yay!!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

We had ours on the 16th and it was easy too. I actually wasn't even nervous. All the nerves and being upset had already happened in 2017. LOL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X