Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting nervous

I’m really nervous for our 341 meeting tomorrow, particularly because of one thing. We had a checking and credit card account with becu. We stopped paying on the credit card because we couldn’t afford it. Well I totally forgot about set off and they took out 3 months worth of payments at once out of our checking account about $800. we called to get it back and they said no. at that time we hadn’t had a lawyer or filled bk yet. So what we did was overdraft the checking account about $600 to pay for what that $800 was originally for and then we just opened a new account with a new bank and cut ties with becu. So now my fear is, is it bad that we over draft the checking account, because we technically didn’t intend on paying it back. This happened about 5 months before the date we actually filed. I’m so nervous it’s going to look like fraud in some way, but we can explain that becu took the $800 to go toward the credit card payment when we were suppose to not be paying on any cards. So essentially we got that money back by overdrafting, and used that money for food and heat etc. Thanks for your advice

I don't know if you will see this comment before your meeting. When we had our meeting the lawyer met with us just before and asked if we had any questions. You can talk to your attorney at that time. The best thing is to be honest about what happened. If the trustee questions anything give an honest answer and if you can talk to the attorney before hand you will have a better idea if they subject will even come up during your meeting.

Comment

My meeting was today and it went so smooth!
      everyone else in the room had 10 or more minutes with the trustee, ours was over in 3! So much stress lifted!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X