Has anyone seen anybody cry at the 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen anybody cry at the 341?

I'm just curious. It seems that the 341 meeting is where the rubber meets the road in a BK, and some folks are just so wound up that once the trustee starts the grilling (especially if he was hardazz like mine was) that they just break down.

Before we filed, a co-worker of mine knew my husband lost his job and we were struggling as we lost 70% of our income. She told me she filed Chapter 13 two years prior and had less than one year to go. She said she felt so awful for going crazy with credit cards that she burst out into tears in front of the trustee and exclaimed it was all her fault, she felt bad that it had come to this and she would never put herself in the same position again. She was the one who first told me to investigate Chapter 13 to save our home and I made my first phone call that day to my first attorney boss (and I burst out into tears on the phone!), a long-term family friend, who gave us an excellent referral.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I cried at ours.... couldnt help it. Tried not to - but our Trustee's representative was looking at us (moreso me) so pitifully when she asked "what happened exactly - your husband lost his job, is that correct?" I said yes and she said "I'm so very sorry.." I just..simply lost it. Felt dumb but kept it together enough without snotting all over the table

Comment

A woman cried at our 341. We felt so bad for her. The trustee was asking her about a woman she had paid a large sum of money to a few months ago. She told a story about her husband dying while they were in California. This woman helped her with arrangements and became her assistant. Anyway she cried when speaking about her husband. The trustee tried to be gentle with her. It was hard to listen to.

Comment

I felt like I was about to cry at any moment while waiting for our 341.

I totally lost it during one lawyer consultation. The lawyer was kind of arrogant and judgmental. I just lost it and was a crying mess. It was so embarrassing! Poor guy didn't know what to do after that so he ran and fetched tissues! We didn't go with that lawyer.
          Ch. 13
          5 payments down, 55 to go

Comment

Oh my gosh-my eyes are swelling up with tears just reading all this! Don't know what will happen once we have our 341
            Retained atty 3/2010. Filed Chapter 13 on 1/2013.

Comment

The very first lady called at the 341 was so nervous she burst into tears. The trustee was nice enough and I think her breaking down calmed the rest of us.

Comment

Tears of joy. Our 341 was done so quickly that it seemed it was over before it even started. The stress of it all culminated at the 341 and when it went so smoothly I wondered why I had fretted so.

But to answer your question, no, I didn't see anyone even get upset. The trustee was cordial and quick. All that went before us had representation so maybe that had a lot to do with it.
                Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

I never thought about it before, but maybe that's why our trustee tried to keep it light and kept cracking jokes with everyone. To prevent people from crying over the whole thing.

Comment

Women..such fragile creatures. It should have been tears of joy since you are about to be free of debt that you've accumulated for years. Worse they can do is dismiss or convert or take away your material things that probably belonged to a creditor in the first place. In any case i didn't see anyone cry at our 341.
                    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I didn't see anyone cry, but I did see a lady kick her husband under the table, when he started talking just a bit too much regarding the value of land they owned.
                      Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
                      Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
                      341 Done - Middle of May 2010
                      Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

I cried like a baby at the first 3 attorneys I talked to...make that 4...you would think these people make enough money to have a box of kleenix on their desk...NOT!!! Not a one...unbelievable..the first interview no one told me it was a t.v. satellite boy that was a shock..bad enough talking about all this to a stranger let alone it was on a blasted tv...Geez....
                        I can definetly see me crying my eyes out at the 341..

Comment

I'm anticipating crying at mine. I'm emotional to begin with, but the time of our meeting will just happen to fall right after I've had a baby, so why not walk right in with post-partum depression? lol
                          Filing 7/30/10, 60 month plan, 0% to unsecured creditors

Comment

This site has a vast amount of great info, but this has to be the dumbest topic I have read here...

Comment

Originally posted by BobWang View Post
                              This site has a vast amount of great info, but this has to be the dumbest topic I have read here...
                              not really, try the political discussion section for really dumb topics. Some folks find comfort in knowing that others have passed this way before, and knowing that they are not alone in their emotions.
                              Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X