Has anyone seen anybody cry at the 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobWang View Post
    This site has a vast amount of great info, but this has to be the dumbest topic I have read here...
    It is a topic-related item, quite popular with all the responses and filing BK is a highly emotionally charged life event. You don't have to read threads that don't interest you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

It can be an emotional situation for a lot of people going to a public forum discussing personal financial issues especially when it deals with debt. I had my 341 over a week ago and I saw a lady with a box of tissues. Most people just took it in stride. I was a little nervous going in but after I listened to a few clients testimonies I got my game on and took care of my business and walked out the office with my head high. It was quite a relief to get it over within 5 minutes and had answered all the questions without hesitation or stumbling. I was prepared to do well and I did without letting my emotions control me. Now I am part of the 60 Day Club and nothing could be finer.

Comment

I appreciate this thread. I am new here and feeling very insecure and unsure and scared about the situation i'm in. I am crying reading all these posts!

This thing is so serious and could be life changing and I am worried about which way it will go. I am afraid I'll cry and embarrass myself even more so it's nice to know i won't be alone.

Comment

As a poster that replied to this thread sharing my own emotional experience, which is NOT an easy thing to do btw, I appreciate that this topic helps and is taken seriously by others.
          Ch. 13
          5 payments down, 55 to go

Comment

I was close to tears when we walked in and sat in the room to wait. Seeing the trustee talk to the other people and seeing just who the other people were and the little nods and smiles of encouragement they gave to each other put me at ease.

I did see a couple of people with the nervous giggles at the table. The trustee would ask if they were expecting inheritance (he phrased it as "do you expect to get 10 million from a rich uncle?") and I think it threw some people off. I knocked wood when I answered no and the trustee chuckled at that.

All in all the trustee was nice and you could feel the support of the others in the room so it wasn't as terrible as I had built up in my mind.
            Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
            Discharged - 11/18/2010
            Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

Since the Trustee called my name first I didn't get to see if anyone cried.
              I did get to give my X the finger tho...does that count?

Comment

Ok so we just had our 341 meeting. I was too nervous to cry and all went very smoothly with very basic questions. However, in the end the trustee looks up at us from our petition and says, "You own Hooters money?" (we had a Hooters Credit Card) he (the Trustee) and the whole room started to laugh - I would of love for the floor to open up and swallow me at the very moment. I couldn't run from the room more quickly....it was embarrassing!!! But I guess we helped lighten the mood in the room;)

Comment

Hey---Cathold---I bet that this trustee remembers you.

Comment

We had our 341 earlier this week. No tears from anyone we saw. I was nervous about it, and feeling a little retrospective of the path we took to end up in that courtroom. The whole process was faster than I imagined it would be, even though I had read here that it was a pretty simple process for most people. The lady that came out before us started laughing and was cheering sort of like she won the lottery and her companion was trying to quiet her down. I thought that was a little strange. It was a great feeling of relief when it was over, but I don't know that I'd be cheering in front of the trustee.

Comment

I was curious of this myself...we got any other criers in the house? I had this vision of my busting down in tears at my 341, and I'm not usually one to cry when I get nervous, just shaky. A bit nervous about it...
                      Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

Watched about 30 cases yesterday since i was the last case called, I was sitting by the exit door and the trustee was not working with anyone so i heard many cursing as they left or pissed at their lawyers.....Since i was the last case room was empty and i think the trustee was wore down some and it turned out good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BKlooker View Post
                          I was curious of this myself...we got any other criers in the house? I had this vision of my busting down in tears at my 341, and I'm not usually one to cry when I get nervous, just shaky. A bit nervous about it...
                          I cried ay my mtg with the credit counselor. She had a big ol box of tissues on her desk. She said for me not to be embarrassed - she gets irritated by the people who come in laughing about all their bills.
                          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                          New Job 7-2011

Comment

GUILTY AS CHARGED. Totally fell apart at 341.
                            Trustee was so understanding. He shut off his recorder and said that when i was ready he would start it again. Told me to take my time. My attorney told me it was going to be OK. But then he had never seen me without tears running down my cheeks.
                            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I was able to hold it together at the 341 while in front of the trustee, smiled at the attorneys who thought we'd probably be raked over the coals because we filed pro se, and got out of the building ok. It wasn't until we were standing next to the car that I lost it for about three minutes. I think it was all those nerves, the emotions I'd been stuffing to get through the first thirty days, and the fact that I really wanted a coffee!
                              Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

:::sniffle:::

I just love you guys... Thank God for this place!!

I am terrified I will puke on the Trustee. I would just die.
                                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X