Middle District FL, Married Filing Singly, Male Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle District FL, Married Filing Singly, Male Trustee

My 341 is over and done with, hello 60-day club!

I filed with a board-certified attorney, individually even though I'm married, no-asset, and supplied all my paperwork to the lawyer quite early.

I have a pretty long rundown of the day on my blog, but since anyone rarely reads long forum posts, I'll keep this short(ish):

- Google Maps said that it would take me just over an hour to get there, so I planned on 2. I needed it! The Middle District of FL area is VERY congested with construction and there is VERY LITTLE parking. (Note: look at your paperwork with the address and room number. It is NOT the place listed on the middle district website! Checkout google map's streetview. The big building with the walkway is the one you want.)

- Tampa parking costs $1.50/hour and you can pay for 2 hours max. The meters only take quarters! I was so worried that I wouldn't have enough, but I managed to get back in time.

- Security was very quick to get through. There was no line and none formed when I was unloading/reloading the stroller and myself, which took some time.

- After watching a few people go through the meeting I relaxed. I think this is fairly common. The trustee was professional and respectful. He seemed to have sympathy for people who appeared genuinely distressed, and less patience for those who were wishy-washy or gave less-than-concise answers.

- No one was assigned a home audit/appraisal. I'd read MD-FL was really likely to do this, but no one I saw got one. However, almost everyone else was asked to follow up with more paperwork about different assets, divorce cases, etc. (I think I forgot to mention that part on my blog.)

- I was asked less questions than anyone else and it took about 10 minutes. If I hadn't had my daughter there it would have been 5 at most.

- I answered very concisely and with authority. "Yes, sir." "No, sir." I made eye contact. I wasn't cocky, but I did pay attention and didn't doubt my answers. (A LOT of people were wishy-washy/unsure.)

So... hello 60-day club!
    A mom on the Gulf Coast of FL filing CH7 and blogging about it. http://chapter7beforeandafter.blogspot.com

Retained Lawyer: 4/5/10. Filed: 6/17/10. 341: 7/21/10. Discharge Date: TBA

Welcome to Club Sixty!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke!
      A mom on the Gulf Coast of FL filing CH7 and blogging about it. http://chapter7beforeandafter.blogspot.com

Comment

Congrats Researchmode!... do you mind giving an example of something a debtor was asked about and was 'wishy washy'? Y'know, how they responded and the trustee's reaction. Thanks

Comment

After five minutes of not very confident answers, the trustee asked for four different things for the woman to provide within 30 days. Here's a snippet... I'm not sure I recall it exactly, but this was close.

T: I see here you are married but seperated. Are you getting divorced?
          W: Yes. Well, we're working on it. Kinda. His finances aren't allowing us to get that done right now. I'm not really sure when it will happen. But we're through.
          T: I see. Did you fill out a list of assets as part of your paperwork?
          W: We did some paperwork. I think that was one of the. Yeah, it was.
          T: Great. I'm going to go ahead and ask for a copy of those forms so I can compare it to what you've filed for your bankruptcy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X