'Twas the night before 341...nervous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Twas the night before 341...nervous!

My 341 meeting is scheduled for tomorrow and I'm suddenly nervous! I've been pretty calm until today. I've read that most of the 341 meetings run smoothly and are over in minutes but I can't help but feel nervous. I'm nervous that creditors will show up and harass me or that the trustee will find some major errors in my paperwork (I filed pro-se).

I'll be back to post when it's over - in the meantime, I'm shaking in my boots!
    Filed Ch.7 Pro-Se - 8/16/2012
    341 Meeting - 9/18/2012
    Discharged - 11/20/2012

I wasn't at all nervous about my 341 until I stepped off the elevator at the floor where it was to take place. That's when the butterfiles hit! But I calmed down and everything went fine. I might have been more nervous if I had filed pro se.

It is very rare for a creditor to show up at a 341 meeting. If there are any problems with your paperwork, they can be fixed. You may want to go over your petition one more time to reassure yourself that everything is correct. Bring copies of whatever paperwork you have submitted to the trustee after filing just in case he/she didn't get something. Don't forget your ID and evidence of your social security number.

Try not to worry too much and get a good night's sleep. You will hopefully come back tomorrow to tell us how well it went.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you, LadyInTheRed - your words were quite reassuring. My meeting was this morning. I arrived early to watch some other people's 341 meetings. Watching the other meetings was both reassuring and a bit scary at the same time. While some were quick and straightforward, a number of the meetings were longer and the trustee asked quite a few questions/pointed out errors/inconsistencies. I was also surprised by how many creditors were there (at least 4-5).

My turn finally came (they were running about an hour behind) and the trustee went through the standard questions that she had asked everyone else. She then asked me a couple of simple, straightforward additional questions including asking me how I figured out/knew how to prepare the paperwork without the help of an attorney/petition preparer. (Everyone else had attorneys except for one other person, who had used a petition preparer). I advised that I had used the form instructions when available and also used the NOLO Chapter 7 Bankruptcy book. There weren't any creditors there for my case (big sigh of relief!) so my meeting was concluded and...I guess I'm now in the 60 day club?!

When I left the room, I wanted to cry from the huge relief. I'm hoping everything else goes smoothly.

This forum has been a huge help, as I've spent hours reading through old threads.
      Filed Ch.7 Pro-Se - 8/16/2012
      341 Meeting - 9/18/2012
      Discharged - 11/20/2012

Comment

So glad everything worked out for you

Comment

I love hearing stories like that! We are working off our list and finally got our inventory done, it is was better than I thought. So happy for you!

Comment

Yey! Glad to hear it went smoothly.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Let the countdown begin..............

Congratulations!
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats OP. Me and my wife had ours yesterday and it felt like a huge weight off of our shoulder after it was over.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X