Arizona Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona Discharge

I am just wondering about the timeline to discharge in AZ. I still have 3.5 years to go but seeing how I am not confirmed yet, I was wondering if discharge takes as long when we are at the end, or are they faster that it. I am in Phoenix, RB.
    Last edited by lvmilizia; 09-15-2015, 01:15 PM.

You are more likely to get a useful answer if you say what Arizona court you are in and, perhaps, the initials of your trustee.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

It does take time to confirm a plan especially with your Trustee. That, however, does not impact the entry of the discharge which is a rather quick and painless process once you have completed the plan.

Des.

Comment

Thanks Des.

Comment

• powerless
          powerless commented
          Editing a comment
          Des. We filed pro se in Arizona Trustee is RB He just filed a notice of completed plan with the court. About how long do we have to wait for the discharge?

• despritfreya
          despritfreya commented
          Editing a comment
          Powerless. . . I think I just figured out how to respond - will know when I hit "Post". Please see the message I left for you.

Des.

Another AZ question, in Phoenix, RB. I projected that we may have about an 8.5% increase in income for 2015 over what was projected in our plan, do we think this will increase our payment, if so would they take the whole increase.

Comment

Maybe, but you might be ok since it is under 10% but you have to ask atty!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by lvmilizia View Post
            Another AZ question, in Phoenix, RB. I projected that we may have about an 8.5% increase in income for 2015 over what was projected in our plan, do we think this will increase our payment, if so would they take the whole increase.
            Depends upon how close you are to Confirmation. If RB asks for updated financials he will know about the increase. Unless you have maxed out the Schedule J expenses (based upon the Trustee's guideline - you can find it on his web site), you can amend Schedule I and J in an effort to offset the additional income from expenses.

Des.

Comment

Do they normally ask for more information, I do have to give my 1040 each year. Most of the difference is from OT that may not happen again.

Comment

Do they normally ask for more information, I do have to give my 1040 each year. Most of the difference is from OT that may not happen again.
                If RB has not issued his Recommendation, when he does, the Rec will ask for more recent paycheck stubs, If he sees the OT and you cannot persuade him that such is not going to continue, that is when the issue will come to a head. It is highly unlikely to be an issue based upon the submission of tax returns after the Plan is confirmed. Quite frankly, his office is not even going to look at the tax returns post confirmation. Once a Plan is Confirmed the file is put to bed, only to be taken out of the cabinet in order to notate that the debtor has complied with sending in the returns. No one takes the time to actually look at the returns. At least, this has been my experience.

Des.

Comment

He issued his recommendations back in December, so I guess that won't be an issue. We are still waiting on final comfirmation though.

Comment

He issued his recommendations back in December.
                    Issues raised in the Rec should be resolved within 30 to 90 days. Why is it taking so long? Do you have an attny?

Des

Comment

Yes we have an attny. He issued his recommendation on 12/5, and there was really nothing major, we signed whatever the attny. told us to and they sent it back in. All the rcommendation had on it was to send in our 1040 for 3 years, and that I had to pay in my bonus I get each year in March in addition to our normal payments. I don't know what is taking so long. I ask the attny. and they say the trustee takes awhile to do things. We don't have anything complicated just a lot of unsecured debit, 2 cars, and some federal tax, there is really nothing complicated about our case. We have been making all payments, and I paid my bonus in March, and sent in the 1040. Trust me I just want to get it comfirmed, it is driving me crazy.

Comment

Your file has gotten "lost". Have your attny send an email to Vangie inquiring about the status. You should be copied on the email. My experience is that if a written request is sent someone figures it out.

Des.

Comment

Ok, I assumed they were still working on it, because the trustee does make payment to one of the cars.

Comment

I emailed and left a message, they generally get back to me in a few days.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X