Arizona Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lvmilizia View Post
    Ok, I assumed they were still working on it, because the trustee does make payment to one of the cars.
    Those payments are "pre-confirmation adequate protection payments" which, if asked for by the lender, is required by local rules regardless of the status of the case.

Hopefully your attny will respond to your email.

Des.

Comment

A non attny. Answered me and said everything looks good, just keep making you payments. No news is good news. I said back so has it been confirmed yet?
      He can back and said no, let me talk to the attny and get back to you, this should not be taking this long. So now I waiting for them to get back.

Comment

Keep us posted.

Des.

Comment

I guess the trustee had a question about our vacation timeshare if we were keeping it or not and had not asked the attorney about it, until the attorney called yesterday. Not sure why they had the question as in the original plan back when we filed showed that we were not keeping it. The attorney sent them information yesterday, so we will see what happens now.

Comment

I just realized I went over $15 on pacer this quarter, do you pay only the amount over $15, or the whole amount?

Comment

Originally posted by lvmilizia View Post
              I just realized I went over $15 on pacer this quarter, do you pay only the amount over $15, or the whole amount?
              You pay the ENTIRE amount.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                You pay the ENTIRE amount.
                From now on, have your attny routinely email you a copy of what he/she receives via the ECF notification. Costs nothing.

You can also call the bk court 602-682-4000 to find out if you can sign up for and get "free" email notification of filings in your case. I seem to think that such is a possibility but I am not sure.

Des.

Comment

despritfreya the Bankruptcy Noticing Center (BNC) allows anyone to register for electronic bankruptcy notices that are "served" through PACER on the individual or business. I think it uses name and address matching. I registered back in 2008 so that I'd get notices electronically. About one month ago, i received an email from the EBN that I had a Notice of Bankruptcy awaiting me. I clicked, and lo and behold a company from which I bought a product, went bankruptcy and there was a distribution and they wanted claims filed! So it does work and works well!

The only downside is that you're only allowed to view the PDF document once (without charge) and that you don't get "everything" on the docket since the it requires the PACER document to be "served" upon you.

It is an excellent free service.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

JB,

So the free service is only for things that are noticed out by EBN? Signing up, say in OP's case, does not get access to pleadings that are filed in his/her case that would, in essence, be served by the party who filed the document - right?

I think it is unfair that a debtor cannot get free access to his/her own docket. I understand charging if a lookie lou (sp???) wants to see, say, David Cassidy's docket, but your own should be "free". JMHO

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                      So the free service is only for things that are noticed out by EBN? Signing up, say in OP's case, does not get access to pleadings that are filed in his/her case that would, in essence, be served by the party who filed the document - right?
                      Yes, only for things actually sent by the Bankruptcy Noticing Center (BNC). I also noticed that not everything on the docket gets sent via the BNC. Just about the only thing I ever really received via the EBN were Orders and Notices issued by the Court! (I have also received Preliminary and Final Hearing notices via this method as well.)

Which makes me wonder if anyone other than the Court (Clerk) can serve a Pro Se debtor electronically (using the BNC). Now that I think about it, that makes perfect sense, since a Pro Se debtor is not an electronic "filer" for purposes of CM/ECF, so they technically can't be served electronically. However, the BNC has taken responsibility for performing all mailings for the Courts (Bankruptcy and District). So they allow their own -- Court -- mailings to be intercepted by the EBN (electronic bankruptcy noticing) process so that they can reduce the amount of USPS mail that they have to deliver while providing a service for the debtor.

From a NY Bankruptcy Court...

During the course of a bankruptcy case or proceeding, bankruptcy court notices are mailed by the Bankruptcy Noticing Center (BNC) on behalf of the court.

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                      I think it is unfair that a debtor cannot get free access to his/her own docket. I understand charging if a lookie lou (sp???) wants to see, say, David Cassidy's docket, but your own should be "free". JMHO
                      I don't disagree! I wish there was a better way, but the Court's answer is that you should use the "free" terminals in the Clerk's office (which I have used at times), at a public law library (or the Court's law library), or at a public library that has "free" terminals.

Comment

Planed Confirmed 10/23/2015, 17 payments in 43 to go.

Comment

Filed pro se in Arizona. Took 18 months to get confirmed by RB since the filing date. Made last payment in August 2015 and was discharged in October 2015.

Comment

Now that my plan has been confirmed the trustee has started to pay on the secured debit, I am in a 5 year plan and have two cars that are in the plan. The cars will be paid off about 2.5 years in. Will I received the titles to the cars at that time or do they hold them until my plan is over with?

Comment

When my car was paid off in my plan, I was sent the title.

YMMV......

8 Payments to go.......
                              Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Honda Financial sent my title to me as soon as my car was paid off, about 4 years into the 5 year plan.
                                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X